What's new

Crpwn K-1 & 20-39CS+ (1 Viewer)

DaveRob

Auditioning
Hi Everyone!

Thought it was time to ask a simple question. I've set up these 2 new items within the last hour and then I may have committed a mistake, I read the Crown reference manual. What a mistake for it say (I quote) "Turn down the amplifier's level controls (counter-clock wise to 100 dB). I of course not ready the manual turned it to 1 dB (at the other end of the dial). I sit here wondering am I going to blow the 2039CS+ or could the directions in the reference manual be correct?

Appreciate it if someone who knew what their doing could tell my where to set the ONE knob on the Crown. Either at 1 or 100 and if 100 would you know why?

In addition my I say that the Crown and 2039CS+ arrived in perfect shape (I think) as I'm afraid to turn it on till I get some kind of confirmation as to 100 or 1.

Thanks

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Are you sure it wasn't -100?

I don't have the K2. But I do have a crown CE1000. I'm sure it means to turn it couter clockwise. Either way, just start off with a low master volume on your receiver/pre-amp and work up from there. You won't hurt anything if you start at low levels.

JackIR

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Crown K-1 connected to my SVS Ultra. I have the amp turned up all the way. That's the way the Crown is designed to run. I use my processor to level the sub amp with my main amp.

DaveRob

Auditioning
Thanks Guys,

So I leave the K-1 on 100 dB and turn my Yamaha HTR-5280 receiver down to zero (off basically) then I set all speakers to small and then slowly crank up the volume on the receiver till the SPL says 85 dB for the sub then make sure my other speakers are set to 85 then drop in Avia and reset what is necessary.

Got my fingers crossed ( I'll try it right after dinner).

Thanks again,

by the way I don't have to take the sub apart and remove any packing material do I?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dave,

I think you have it. Please consult your SVS manual for more though.

There are some baseplate shock absorbers (stiff foam blocks)that are between the sub cylinder and the baseplate (they are shaped like "T's") take those out. Otherwise you are good to go.

E-mail us if you have questions you don't think will concern the group.

Ron

DaveRob

Auditioning
Thanks Ron,

I immediately looked between the base plate and the sub and found no foam blocks, the area was clear (they must have fallen out when I opened the box) could they have come out with the other blue foam blocks that were glued to the inside cardboard?

I did see three pieces of (look like)foam looking down into the sub from the top, I assume they belong there.

Thanks again,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks