Crown K2 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Bunge, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

The K2 has 2 input sensitivity levels. One is a 1.4V input which the manual says should be used for "full rated output" and a 26dB setting for "fixed voltage gain". Which of the two of these should I use? I'll be feeding both channels a mono signal from my subwoofer output and using the amp in stereo mode initially to power my dual 12" subs until I get my 1803 built.

Brian

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Brian,

The 1.4V input will give you more gain. Probably about 5dB or so. Use this setting.

3. I am using mine on the default 1.4v and it is working fine for my sealed 1503's....

with an 1803 ported and a K2...it really won't matter what you use!..either will be enough to crack the fundation.

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Thanks guys! That's what I did. I don't have the 1803 enclosure built yet but I just got the amp and wanted to make sure that it was working so I've got it driving my dual SV12's at the moment. Hopefully I can get some time home alone this weekend to crank it and see how it compares to the dual 200W plate amps I normally use.

BTW, Anthony I'll be building a sealed enclosure for the 1803 and using a BFD to boost the low end!

Brian