What's new

Crouch wins the Heisman Trophy. (1 Viewer)

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Well, Sal, there is something to be said for playing such a damn fine game that you don't have to come back in the 4th quarter because you're ahead by 15-20 points. And if Crouch were not such a damn fine runner, defenses could key on the runningback, whose stats would not be as impressive, which would in turn not allow the qb to throw since the run was shut down. Now Harrington, if he were to play all 4 quarters every game like he plays the 4th, would be just an incredible player. He just seems to take his time getting going. I have no problem with any of the finalists, and wouldn't have been upset no matter who won the award.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Did Crouch lead Nebraska to some comeback wins like Harrington did by actually throwing the ball?
No, but then again, his team really only put him in that position once this year. He should be penalized because he doesn't wait until the 4th quarter to start playing?

Honestly, does it really matter? It's a statue.

SalMaglie

Stunt Coordinator
No, it doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, or life in general. But that's what most sports threads are about, right? To talk about some of the debatable topics in sports...like Heisman winners and BCS standings. Anyway, it sure beats talking about a Subaru WRX. :)
Crouch did have 3 more TDs, but Dahrran Diedrick did have more rushing yards for Nebraska. I guess they just didn't give him the ball near the goal line because he wasn't a Heisman candidate. ;)
This is supposed to be all in good fun, right? :laugh:

Derek Bang

Stunt Coordinator
This is ridiculous. Antwaan Randle El got ripped off. You put him out with Nebraska, I can't even imagine the possibilities. Antwaan almost single-handedly won the majority of IU's games the past four years, he broke just about every record a QB can (40 TDs throwing 40 TDs rushing - never been done, etc.), played QB and wide-out, returned kicks, and punted. It's not his fault IU couldn't field a defense to stop pop-warner kids. They were only a missed field goal away from a winning season - I know that's the big knock - but the Heisman is an individual honor - and Antwaan was the most outstanding individual in college football this year.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Heisman may be an individual honor, but players from bad teams rarely win this award (unless they are from Notre Dame). Randle El had no chance playing for a mediocre Hoosier team.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Antwaan almost single-handedly won the majority of IU's games the past four years, he broke just about every record a QB can (40 TDs throwing 40 TDs rushing - never been done, etc.), played QB and wide-out, returned kicks, and punted.
Sounds a little like Charles Woodson a few years ago. Playing on every side of the ball and single-handedly impacting games. Got it, Tennessee fans? ;)
Yeah, this really is supposed to be about the best college football player isn't it? Given this year's class, I would have easily voted for Randle El.
Crouch is a great athlete, but he can't throw. Shouldn't that be a hard and fast requirement for ALL quarterbacks? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks