Crosstalk??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Greg W L, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Greg W L

Greg W L Agent

I am not sure what this is exactly, but just recently two TV channels seem to have "crosstalk" on them. I have a Marantz 5200 receiver, Sony 27" TV and a Toshiba VCR. Only when I am using the VCR as the tuner do I get this problem. I can hear the TV Channel that I should hear, but I also hear what sounds like a radio station, or a TV Channel I do not get. Any Idea what is causing this, and more importantly, what I can do about it?

2. Jeff Engel

Jeff Engel Stunt Coordinator

From my limited experience with this in my line of work(not ht)..."cross talk" happens when you have two signals running near each other at close to the same frequency. Because of the proximity in space as well as along the frequency spectrum, some info jumps the gap to travel in the other wire. The best thing to do is seprate all your wires, keep some distance between the offending wires. Or don't run the vcr tuner.

You might want to upgrade to some shielded cables. What kind of cables do you have?

It would help to also know how everything is cabled...do you have a splitter for the signal, or two separate cables coming out of the wall to the vcr and tv?

Let me know if that helps.

Jeff

3. Greg W L

Greg W L Agent

Coming out of the wall is the coax cable. I have a splitter (Monster)that splits it three ways, to the VCR, the FM in on the Reciever and to the TV. I find the VCR tuner is better than the TV tuner, so I use it much more often. The two channels that I have the "crosstalk" on (not sure if that is even the right term), I don't watch much, they are obscure cable news stations. So you think I should ensure that wires are not close together. I am running a Monster interconnect from the VCR to the Receiver, not a S-video, and then a composite out to the TV, their is no S video or component input on the TV.