What's new

Crossroads (not the one with Britney Spears) (2 Viewers)

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
This is a great movie, kind of Karate Kid with a guitar. I have not seen it in years and had forgotten all about it when I just thought what a great release this would make.

I fished around on imdb.com and found this thread on the mssg boards there:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0090888/board/nest/6287568[/url]

Can anyone back this up!!! You think its really coming on in August?

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Well, I can't back up what that guy said, but I've sure got my fingers crossed. I've been waiting on this one for years! I just hope that if Columbia really does release it, that it's in its OAR.

Incidentally your link is broken, I had to copy and paste to read the IMDB post. :)

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
I can only pray this is true. The 26th is on a Thursday, though. Minor gripe that is probably explained 1,000 different ways, I know, but still...

:emoji_thumbsup: if this is true....

Nick

JenaroM

Stunt Coordinator
This is a major release for Steve Vai fans. Vai is the guitar player that plays the Devil in the movie. Remember the guitar duel at the end?

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator
Very young DLR-era Steve Vai. Not to mention huge for Ralph Macchio and Jamie Gertz fans.

Just kidding... :D

Nick

BryanV

Stunt Coordinator
I think that scratch was the devil and that steve vai had just sold his soul to him. And that when he lost the battle he was cast into hell or sent to watch pan and scan only DVD's.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
steve vai also doubles macchio's guitar playing when they close-up on his hands.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Yes, I believe Vai wrote and played all the guitar parts in the movie. A master with the strings and hope the dvd does come out.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Always cracks me up to see Ralph Macchio's character bend to a high A on a 21 fret telecaster at the end of his solo.

Heinz W

Second Unit

If you're referring to the very last note (A) it is done not by bending but by fretting against the neck pickup of the guitar!! I know because, as a guitar player myself, I have a transcription to the Head-Cuttin' Duel in a guitar magazine and that's how that 'impossibly high' A is achieved. I assume you are a player too or you wouldn't have caught that.

Of course I'll be picking this one up whenever it finally arrives, it's been MIA for far too long.

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

Ry Cooder did the bluesy and slide stuff. Not sure about the slide parts during the head-cutting duel, though. That's probably Steve Vai, but I'm not positive.

Growing up in the '80's and playing guitar, that end scene was always a grail-type scenario for my friends and me. Man, I miss those days. Lots of fun.

Nick

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

I think he's talking about how the movie makes it look, though. The movie makes it look as if Ralph Macchio is bending up to that note when, it all reality, that's not gonna' happen.

Nick

Todd_B

Second Unit
I really hope this is true. If so I can finally retire my shoddy worn-out tape.

..I know we've been trying to get this one released for sometime and (please o please) if it does happen, I'll be a happy man :)

Todd B

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Well, I have his "The Elusive Light and Sound, Vol. 1" cd (which contains all the movie music he's done from "Crossroads" to "PCU".), and I think he says in there that he did everything except the slide guitar parts.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks