What's new

crossover woes (1 Viewer)

Steve Cross

Agent
My Reiver (Onkya TX500) does not have the option to select small, mid, or large speaker size, but it does have an Xover of 80, 100, and 120hz anything lower gets sent to the sub/lfe out (i think).
I had a sony HTiB (840) that has micro speakers with only one 2.5" driver each. I got polk rm6200 sats to replace the sony sats, and use my older kenwood 100w powered sub.
It sounds just ok, and maybe even worse than the sony HTiB.
I have tryd each xovr point but it still sounds like its sending to much bass to the sats (they handle it but not nearly as good as the sub).
I guess my question is, is the xover not open enough to cross the sat/sub the way "small" setting does?

ty
Steve

Juan M

Stunt Coordinator
In crutchfield's feature description of the TX-SR500 it says:

Adjustable Crossover: This receiver has a built-in high pass crossover for the satellite speakers. The frequencies that you can choose from are: 80, 100, and 120Hz. Using this feature determines the size of your main speakers. If you set the crossover at 120Hz, the receiver will assume that you have small speakers. For floor speakers or larger bookshelf speakers, use the 80Hz cross-over point to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks