Crossover with 16-46CS+ and S1000

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thomas_Berg, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    just got rid of my 25-31PC for this major upgrade and was wondering how i should go about doing the crossover for my main speakers with the new sub. i ran the two mains (JBL N24's) thru the ins/outs on the sub's amp. i use an Onkyo 595. i know the Samson won't do it, so will i have to buy an external XO to do this for me? if so, should i just grab an Outlaw ICBM to kill bass management and crossing over with one stone?

TIA

2. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Just set your main speaker size to "small" on your Onkyo 595. That will cause it to send LFE+sub-80Hz signals to your sub and everything else to your mains.

3. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

Thomas, Johnny is correct, there is no need for an external crossover. Just set all speaks to small on the Onkyo and the Sub to on, calibrate and away you go. Hey, I finally got my order in for dual 46CS+'s and S1000. You were on the build list before me so you have to promise to e-mail me when you get yours setup and let me know how she rips! [​IMG]

4. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    thanks guys

sure thing Kevin. i had to order the amp and sub separately due to my credit limit (or rather, the lack thereof) so the amp will arrive monday which is hopefully only a few days before the sub!