What's new

crossover settings for subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Hello all,

I'm seeking to clarify some information regarding setting the subwoofer low-cut crossover settings so as to get along with my mains in the best sounding way possible.

I just purchased a pair of Klipsch SF-2 mains for my home theater setup. I own a Def. Tech ProSub 80 subwoofer, nice little box of 250 watts.

Now, I looked at the specs for my speakers and their freq. response is 35Hz-20kHz±3dB.

The response range for the sub is 21-150Hz. Low Pass Crossover: 24 dB/octave continuously variable (40-100 Hz)

The way I have it setup now is I have the mains set to LARGE in the receiver setup, and have the subs crossover bottomed out at 40. My understanding is that you only want to set the crossover a little above the mains minimum reproducible frequency. Is this the correct line of thinking? I've also been advised to set all speakers to small and then turn the low-cut up to 100 or so. Any opinions on this are welcome also.

I only got the speakers yesterday, so I have not had too much time to tweak, listen and retweak. I just wanted to get some opinions here while I am at work. I do understand the fact that tweaking and trial and error will also help me determine the best settings.

Thanks in advance for any input on this matter.

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
What receiver are you using? With those speakers you can get away with large or else the lowest redirection frequency.

In any case, set the sub xover to max or bypass it as the receiver will handle the crossover and the LFE(.1) channel contains information up to 120Hz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks