What's new

Crossover setting with Divas and SVS 20-39+ (1 Viewer)

Harold Leroy

Stunt Coordinator
I have a B&K 307 AVR with lots of choices for crossover and low pass and high pass ramps. The B&K manual list "THX" settings of crossover at 80, with high pass set at 12 db and low set at 24 db. My Divas are 6.1 mains and C3 center (4.1 sides and 2.1 rears).

So, I'm looking for suggestions for the crossover point and are the ramp rates for high and low ok at 12 and 24? The SVS's will be driven by the Samson 1000w amp and I'm getting the ART 351 to keep things as flat as possible.

I'll do lots of tweaking when my new subs arrive, but would like any advice I can get in advance.

PomingF

Second Unit
Harold, there isn't any fast & hard rules I can think of but your best bet would be to e-mail Tom or Ron @ SVS to see if they can give you any pointers to start. There may be some folks over @ AVS who own the Diva & SVS (I am not sure on their receivers) but still your room acoustics & speaker placement will make things quite different.
To answer your other post about the P-3A. If you can get it at a good price (around $600) I don't think you can get the same inprovement with that $$$ via a new CD player (may be have a look at some fairly new used Rega Planets on Audiogon for $600-800) plus after adding the P-1A later to further enhance performance you then will have the previlege of using Perpetual Technologies' proprietary SOCS/ROCS software on your Diva's. ;)
Good luck.
PF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks