What's new

Crossover setting question (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to be using Paradigm Monitor 3's for my fronts and was wondering what would be the best Cross-Over Setting to set for these speakers. My Receiver has choices of 80 100 or 120. My sub is an Infinity IL100 if that makes a difference. I would assume I would also set these to the Small Setting also.

Thanks Steve

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
This is dependent on the lower response curve of your mains(which I am not familiar with) and to a lesser extent the upper response curve on your sub.

You can experiment and try all three. With the choices you have 80Hz is the Dolby and DTS standard. You can go higher if your mains are a bit shy on the low end. And lower if you feel it blends better.

Best regards.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Since it is listed as having a -3dB of 38Hz for low end in a typical room, 80Hz would seem to be the best choice. Setting it higher will give you a little different blend with the sub, and depending on the room, sub location, etc... this may actually work better or worse. As John noted, you might want to experiment, but I'd start with 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks