Crossover recommendations for Athena Point5

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Takin Nili, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Takin Nili

Takin Nili Auditioning

Hi,

I have the Athena Point5 speaker package and a matching AS-P300 subwoofer. The Athena website lists the frequency response of the Point5 speakers as follows:

S.1 80Hz - 20KHz
    C.1 60Hz - 20KHz

The subwoofer has its own base management dial that allows a setting tailored for the S.1. The S.1 setting is about 80Hz. The dial goes from 40-120Hz.

I have configured the receiver to use small speakers. The HK-230 has a triple crossover system of its own for the front, center and surround speaker groups.

What should I set the crossover frequency to on the receiver? Should I change the crossover frequency on the subwoofer? Thanks.

2. Takin Nili

Takin Nili Auditioning

I wanted to add that I found out that the AS-P300 has a direct low-level input that ignores the bass management and volume setting on the sub. Instead, it will take those settings directly from the receiver. This sounds like a good solution, the only caviat being that I need to trim the sub volume again.

I would still appreciate an answer regarding the receiver crossover setting. I am leaning toward 120Hz at them moment.

3. Takin Nili

Takin Nili Auditioning

No Point5 owners out there?