What's new

Crossover Recomendations - Energy Setup (1 Viewer)

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Hey everyone:
It has been a very long time since I have been around these parts. It feels good to be back.
Through some very good fortune, I have been able to purchase a complete Energy Reference Connoisseur setup (RC10, RC-LCR, RC-R), along with the S12.3 subwoofer.
I have a Denon AVR 1604 reciever for motivation.
As my topic suggests, I would like some input on the crossover settings.
The sales dude suggested that I leave it at 80, as the RC-10's are considered a "large" speaker - a "mini monitor" is the term he used. Is this a good place to start, or would there be a better setting?
I had it @ 80 with my old JBL Decade 26's, but I am so new to a sub, I am not sure if I am hearing things really good yet. I am simply overwelmed! How did I ever watch a movie without a sub? I cannot imagine what an SVS would do when this one sounds so great.
I would very much appreciate any suggestions anyone would care to submit.
Thank you for the assistance.
Roy

James Edward

Supporting Actor
I would also suggest 80Hz as a crossover for those speakers, but make sure you set them all to 'small'.

I'm not sure what the salesman meant by saying they are large- perhaps just that they are bigger than a micro satellite type speaker.

Don't obsess over the crossover frequency too much... 80Hz seems to be a good spot for the majority of speakers out there, with very large and very small ones requiring lower or higher settings.

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, James:
I had some time to listen to them last night. They sure seem to be capable of producing good low frequencies with the reciever set to large. Of course this is compared to the aformentioned JBL's. :D
Also, it was recomended to set the rears (and center)to large, which I did, and they sure go low. I never realized modern surround channels had so much bass activity. The occasional thunderclap has startled me it is so defined in the rears.
I sure have been missing a lot and I still need to calibrate everything!

Take care

Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks