What's new

Crossover question for Yamaha RX-V2400 owners (1 Viewer)

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Does the Yamaha RX-V2400 allow for crossover settings of each individual speaker? If I get this receiver, I'd like to run my front towers at 40 Hz, center at 80 Hz, and surrounds at 60 Hz. Is this possible? I went through the downloaded manual and its not very clear - seems like something you discover while doing hands-on tweaking...

Holger

Stunt Coordinator
hi,

no it's not possible. the x-over you choose, will work for all speakers. so best result are probably made if you choose the 80hz range - or if your speakers allow - the 60hz range.

regards, holger

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
aw crap! that's what I had deduced from the manual but was hoping it was not true! any H/K AVR630 owners know if its possible with their receivers?

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
just checked the manual for the H/K AVR630 and it does have a quadruple crossover, allowing for individual crossover settings of each speaker set (front, center, surround, surround back)... its a shame the yamaha doesn't have this, its pretty important to me

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
Just to make sure you know. On the Yamaha the cross over only effect speaks set to small, if they are set to big their is no cross over.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Hmmmm this may change my decision.... I dont know how important this would be in my situation. All my speakers, when done with all be 5 1/4's so I will proably cross them over the same anyways.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor

So what you're saying is I should just set my fronts to large and they'll get the entire range they're supposed to get (as dictated by the DD or DTS signal), and set my other speakers to small and my global crossover to 60-80 Hz on the receiver? I guess that would work... ok, the RX-V2400 is back on the top of my list:
1. Yamaha RX-V1400/RX-V2400/RX-V3300
2. Harman Kardon AVR430/AVR630
3. Denon 3803/4802

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks