Crossover frequency of Cambridge Audio Azur 540D?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by PaulDA, Apr 14, 2004.

1. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I am seriously considering getting this player but the online manual and website in general do not say anything more than the speakers can be set large or small. This is a bit too vague for me. Anyone have a clue?

2. Paul_Psutka

Paul_Psutka Stunt Coordinator

I'm curious to know this too. I also noticed the manual (online) really lacks information and details. Was wondering if the time-alignment (speaker distance) applies to DVD-Audio.

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    I have since purchased one, though I got it for CD playback primarily (got a universal Marantz for other duties). I was going to get a 540C for CD playback but found, in a head to head comparo, the 540D notably better in CD playback sound (IMO)--and they cost exactly the same. I haven't set it up for DVD-A yet, so I don't know if the time alignment applies to DVD-A but I think it does. The crossover is said (not written) to be 80hz, though I've no equipment to test that. One thing it can do is apply BM to CD playback, thus keeping your sub active without using your receiver (thereby avoiding a layer of A/D/A). Audio sound is fantastic at this price. Video looked good to me at the store but I can't use prog scan at home, so this was less of a concern. Mine was region free out of the box, no mods or hacks needed.

The manual is woefully short on info, that's for sure.

4. Paul_Psutka

Paul_Psutka Stunt Coordinator

5. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    This still makes me intruiged about how the Cambridge 640c is...