What's new

Crossover For My Sub (1 Viewer)

AbelM

Second Unit
Where would this be located at? I don't quite know what it is, but I keep hearing it coming up. Is it the output lvl? Or what? 80Hz or something like that....AHHHH, I just thought my sub was sounding decent, a little help please!!

Chriss M

Second Unit
That would depend on your receiver. Some are fixed, and some are adjustable. If you have a powered sub then you most likely have a crossover adjustment on the sub as well. That one should be set as high as possible, or else the signal from the sub pre-out will be crossed over twice, once at the receiver and then again by the subwoofer's internal crossover.

AbelM

Second Unit
Ok, here this is what I have:
Yamaha RX-V520 Reciever and on the back of my powered sub (I think it is powered...difference?) all it has is the volume control, auto standby, my LFE input, LFE output for another sub to be connected, and speaker connections.
Please help me!!!:star:

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
If the Yam manual doesn't say how to adjust the crossover point, and you don't stumble across it in any set-ups, consider it fixed at 90hz like Chriss said.

Otherwise, most powered (plugs into the outlet for it's OWN built in amp) subs also have a dial called 'crossover' or 'slope' or something.

For movies keep that dial (if you have it) 'wide open'.

AbelM

Second Unit
Thanx Collin, I don't see anything called crossover on the back of my sub, does this mean it is not a powered sub?

If you remember me, which I hope you do, you remember I have my own sub cable going from the reicever into the subwoofer...if that helps at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks