Crossover for a DIY subwoofer

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
I'm running a 4 ohm illusion audio 15 inch subwoofer SVC model nd15 using a sherbourn 5/1500 bridged so about [email protected] ohms. What are some good crossovers for under 100? I was thinking about using my outaw audio 1050 reciver for a LPF, but usually an external x-over is better. What should I do?

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Assuming the slope/cross-over point options don't offend you, the internal cross-over is the way to go because it will let you time-align your main speakers and sub-woofer.

On top of that, it's already paid for...

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
What do I do about the gain since the sub gain control on the outlaw 1050 is +-10db. I'm afraid that the sub would be too overpowering or vice versa. The X-30 has high pass and low pass which is good for my mains and sub, but that requires more rcas.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
What do I do about the gain since the sub gain control on the outlaw 1050 is +-10db. I'm afraid that the sub would be too overpowering or vice versa.
This is a misconception. I run a Crown K2 (2500W/4ohm) at full gain into a dual DIY design. My receiver's LFE output setting is at +1. Your internal crossover should work fine...

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
He's right... you need to change your signature. If people search for info on products that happen to be in your signature, your unrelated posts will show up in their results.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As you can see from Jeff_M's post, however, you can put a link to your a list of your gear.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NC_Mike