What's new

Crossover construction Question??? (1 Viewer)

rich r

Stunt Coordinator
Im am new to the DIY scene and i have a few questions about crossover construction:
1. what is the best type of solder to use when joining components?? (Will any mixture of rosin-core solder work)
2. What type of adhesive should be used to mount the components to the masonite? (Is 2 part epoxy good)
3. How should the final built crossover be mounted to the enclosure? (again is 2 part epoxy good to use here)
thanks
In advance

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
rich
You can use any solder design for electrical components. And yes that means rosin core. If you want to impress your friends use silver bearing solder. I'd suggest 2%, it melts more easily and isn't as expensive as the 3%-4% stuff
Use the clear hot melt glue for attaching the XO components to the board. This allows for removal if necessary
I use industrial/Marine grade Velco (available at most home center stores) to mount the XO board to the chassis. Again use hot melt glue for attaching the Velcro. This technique holds the XO boards very well but allows for removal and tweaking of the components.

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I made mine outboard in their own box (then run 2 pairs of wire from the crossover box to 4 jacks on the cabinets that go directly to the drivers). This makes the speakers a little lighter and makes the crossovers easily assessable without opening the cabinets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks