Cross-posting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric_E, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

Hi guys, thanks for the great site you run. It's provided me with many hours of entertainment, an enormous network of fellow HT enthusiasts and advice and answers to dozens of my questions. How has the donation drive been going?

Anyway, to get to the point, is there a rule against cross-posting in the forums? I didn't see anything in the Rules/FAQ about it (hope I didn't overlook it). It's not something I would do on a regular basis, but today, for example, I wanted to show a link to some people in the After Hours Lounge as well as the Movies forum, so I posted something in each forum.

Is this practice against the rules, or is it discouraged in any way? I just want to be sure I'm not angering anybody or overlooking a rule. Again, it's not something I intend to do often - I think the forums are very well organized and there is usually a very clear place where threads should go.

Thanks again for such a great site.

2. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

I'm sorry, I just read this in the forum description:

3. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I can't say as a voice of authority that cross posting is forbidden, but as you said, the forum is well organised as it is, so it should not be necessary, and from observation, most threads which are redundant are closed or moved to their appropriate venue.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It is frowned upon, and we moderators will close down the cross-posted threads when we see them.

5. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

Thanks Patrick. I figured as much. My apologies for the cross-post today.