What's new

Cross foruming... Dealer drops man's prized 'vette!! (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter

You don't think there are bodyshops that aren't own by dealers that he could have had the car towed to that will have done a better job fixing the car?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Actually you may get a quote more reprentative of the actual cost, not a lowball from a dealer with a shop in their pocket.

"Just another bit of misinformation being spread from someone who's probably never owned a Corvette."

Nope never have and probably never will, but after ready lots of articles over the years and the reviewers saying it's a common ailment I started believing it.

Sorry, is was the older generation but I don't follow vettes close enough.

B

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Actually you may get a quote more reprentative of the actual cost, not a lowball from a dealer with a shop in their pocket.

"Just another bit of misinformation being spread from someone who's probably never owned a Corvette."

Nope never have and probably never will, but after ready lots of articles over the years and the reviewers saying it's a common ailment I started believing it.

Sorry, is was the older generation but I don't follow vettes close enough.

B

JamesED

Second Unit
Could someone rehost the photos so we all don't have to join their forum? There are photos on page 3 of the thread, and on page 26.

Thanks.

JamesED

Second Unit
Could someone rehost the photos so we all don't have to join their forum? There are photos on page 3 of the thread, and on page 26.

Thanks.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I have to say, for the value of the car, I am surprised he didn't consult a lawyer. And I'm not saying this just because I'm a member of that much-disliked fraternity :b as Tim noted, someone who did got a far better settlement.

At least BMW did the right thing when they screwed up, and free lifetime servicing too. Nice! :emoji_thumbsup:

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I have to say, for the value of the car, I am surprised he didn't consult a lawyer. And I'm not saying this just because I'm a member of that much-disliked fraternity :b as Tim noted, someone who did got a far better settlement.

At least BMW did the right thing when they screwed up, and free lifetime servicing too. Nice! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I had a good experience with my BMW. Back in '99 or so, I had to get a water pump replaced under warentee. Without going into detail, I had the dealership do it. Fast forward 2 years or so and my car starts to overheat again. Long story short, the dealership that did if messed up the install but they were also now out of business. Caused some more $$ of damage that I had to pay out of pocket. I contacted BMW NA and they were very professional, actually responded to email and quite promptly and I got a check from BMW NA to reimburse me for my out of pocket costs. Now this was BMW NA and not the new dealership which took over the old one, the new dealership didn't want to take responsibility of the old one's fault.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I had a good experience with my BMW. Back in '99 or so, I had to get a water pump replaced under warentee. Without going into detail, I had the dealership do it. Fast forward 2 years or so and my car starts to overheat again. Long story short, the dealership that did if messed up the install but they were also now out of business. Caused some more $$ of damage that I had to pay out of pocket. I contacted BMW NA and they were very professional, actually responded to email and quite promptly and I got a check from BMW NA to reimburse me for my out of pocket costs. Now this was BMW NA and not the new dealership which took over the old one, the new dealership didn't want to take responsibility of the old one's fault.

Jay

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
He should have also contacted the local news and given them bad press. Here we have a reporter that goes around exposing things like this and usually gets things corrected quickly.

CalvinCarr

Supporting Actor
He should have also contacted the local news and given them bad press. Here we have a reporter that goes around exposing things like this and usually gets things corrected quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks