What's new

Cropping top and bottom: TV or STB? (1 Viewer)

I just bought an SIR-T151 and watched the Superbowl. The picture on my Panny CT-32HX40 was outstanding, but I noticed that the top and bottom were cropped as though the TV was overscanning the 16:9 image. The top part of the score box was clipped off. For instance, you couldn't tell if it was displaying a 6 or an 8 in the score or time field (can't remember which one). It also was visible on the bottom while viewing a ticker or something like that.

I have the service manual for the TV and went into service mode but found no adjustment for it. There aren't a whole lot of settings, especially in 1080i, and half of them are for color, contrast etc... The other settings were for positioning or pincusion settings for the most part. I found nothing applicable and tried them all.

Could it be the STB that's overscanning and not the TV? I've never noticed this on 4:3 cable or DVD, although it may be hard to notice on DVD since there aren't any score boxes.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
TV.

Over at the AVS Forum they were discussing this as well. I have HD Cable with a Scientific Atlanta 3100 HD box and got the cropping as well. I just went into my Toshiba's 50H81 service menu and adjusted the HIT parameter. Voila, I could read the clock!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks