What's new

Cronos: SE - due in November (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
Director Guillermo del Toro's 1993 debut Cronos is getting a deluxe DVD release from Lions Gate Home Entertainment.

The DVD, according to del Toro, will include a new video transfer, a commentary track, "huge excerpts" from his short films, interviews, and more. The DVD should be released in November in both a regular edition as well as a limited collector's edition box which will include a replica of the 'Cronos' device and CD soundtrack.

Stay tuned for more upcoming info!

Richard Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news! Cronos is still my favourite of Del Toro's films, with The Devil's Backbone a close second, and it's great to see it getting the special edition treatment. I'll be getting the limited edition release for sure.
Richard

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Wow! Thanks Patrick. I'll be picking up a copy of that limited edition - it sounds too cool! :)

Roderick Gauci

Stunt Coordinator
What's up with this release? It has virtually disappeared from the face of the earth! Neither Amazon nor DVD Empire list it among their upcoming discs - it will obvioulsy not be coming out in November! Does anyone have any tentative release date?

I was reminded of it after having watched Guillermo Del Toro's THE DEVIL'S BACKBONE on R2 DVD this morning. The only other film of his I have watched is MIMIC (is an SE planned for this?) and both come off as fairly gripping and atmospheric horror films, favoring intelligent plot structure over a surplus of gore and cheap thrills. That said, I am planning on renting both BLADE films (the second of which was helmed by Del Toro) which are, perhaps, as commercial as any horror film can be!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Yeah, where is it? :frowning: I just watched it last week on my um, VHS copy. :b

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
I heard from Lions Gate that the date has been pushed into early 2003. The special box release and the extras are all correct, with more stuff to be possibly added.

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't heard anything on this title in a while, anyone know if it's still coming out this year?

Thanks
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks