Crocodile Hunter, the movie?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ross Williams, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/crocodile_hunter/
    This is a pretty entertaining trailer. (Probably more so than the movie is.) I love this guy on tv, but a full length movie, I don't know about that. I suspect this is pretty much a Crocodile Dundee movie, without him ever coming to America.

2. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

That guys a nut

3. Kelly W

Kelly W Second Unit

Does anybody know what this movie is actually about? The trailer (based on what they show of the movie itself) makes it look like a theatrical version of the TV show, i.e., a nature documentary. I would be very interested in seeing it if this is the case. We don't get many of those up on the big screen.

On the other hand, if they tried to come up with a plot (I don't know... he has to defeat some evil developers who plan to destroy the habitat of the crocodiles) I doubt I would have the patience. I like Steve Irwin, but I don't want to see him try to act. I'd rather watch him do what he does best and that is show us dangerous animals using his bare hands.

Well, here in mid-post, I decided to look at the plot summary off of the IMDB to answer my own question:

4. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I bet in the end the agents are about to kill the Croc when--POOP--out comes the beacon! They will all pat each other on the back, throw a shrimp on the barbie and kick back a Fosters.

5. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

I saw this trailer before E.T. and it was the perfect juxtaposition for me. One of the greatest movies ever made (e.t.) and one of the worst ideas of a movie (croc hunter).
    I like his show, but do we really need a croc hunter movie?

6. todd stone

todd stone Screenwriter

nooooooooooooooooooooo

7. Mike boettner

Mike boettner Stunt Coordinator

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Steve is the greatest human ever made!!It looks to be very entertaining, and no doubt it will be funny. I just hope it will be in DTS!

Mike

8. Kip Fincher

Kip Fincher Extra

I'm scared...