What's new

Critics Choice TV-on-DVD on sale (1 Viewer)

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
DeepDiscount is holding a buy one, get one free sale on select Critics Choice Video titles. Lots of public domain TV shows, but many of their licensed titles are on sale too like "Sergeant Preston," "Dangerous Assignment," "Hopalong Cassidy," and "Jim Bowie." However, none of the new Infinity Entertainment Group titles (the successor to Critics Choice Video) like "Suspense," "The Real McCoys," or "Roaute 66" are on sale. Sale ends on October 8th. Details here:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/DVD---Bu...BUY ONEGETONE

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Bob, thanks again for the tip! I scanned the list and I see a couple of film "noirs" that I haven't seen in a long time, plus a couple of "Roy Rogers" sets. :cool:

Bob Hug

Screenwriter
Jeff, keep in mind that most of the titles listed are public domain titles with little or no restoration work done on the prints. But, as far as the single disc releases are concerned, two for $5.99 is the lowest that I've seen them priced at . . . . . at least for new, unopened discs. I'm guessing that this is part of Infinity Entertainment Group's attempt to reduce the old Critics Choice Video stock. They have previously sold many of the single disc titles for $3.99 through Critics Choice's mail order print catalog. Some of the TV titles included will never see an official season-by-season release, so this sale represents an opportunity to pick up some episodes of older, obscure titles at a bargain price. Richard Boone fans will want to take a look at "Medic," his pre-"Have Gun Will Travel" series.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Sweetness - even tho these are old PD prints, they have some pretty nice video. I'll have to scan 'em and take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks