What's new

Critical discussion Thread: Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (1 Viewer)

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I received the second of the two orders I placed during the sale. This order included The Captive Heart, which I almost didn't order after reading about the problems with the disc. It loaded in my Sony BDP-S480. I watched several trailers, and saw that the movie would play. I intend to watch it Monday night and will see if it plays through.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I received the second of the two orders I placed during the sale. This order included The Captive Heart, which I almost didn't order after reading about the problems with the disc. It loaded in my Sony BDP-S480. I watched several trailers, and saw that the movie would play. I intend to watch it Monday night and will see if it plays through.
Thank you. That is good to know.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I am rarely a complainer in these forums, but this has been one hell of a slog.

My order was placed and confirmed by Kino on 10/23. This past Sunday, 11/8, they notified me that it has been "approved for packing" ("we have accepted payment from your bank", etc.) ... and still nothing further.

In contrast to every other order I've ever placed with them -- well, there is simply no comparison.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I placed an order on 10/21 and received a shipment notification yesterday. Most of my titles were back ordered so i knew ahead of time it might be awhile but it’s a change from my usual extremely fast completed orders from KL. Guess it’s a good thing they had such a response during this past sale.

ScottHM

Premium
Real Name
Scott
My order was placed and confirmed by Kino on 10/23. This past Sunday, 11/8, they notified me that it has been "approved for packing" ("we have accepted payment from your bank", etc.) ... and still nothing further.

In contrast to every other order I've ever placed with them -- well, there is simply no comparison.
At least you're making progress.

My order was placed on 10/15, my credit card was charged on 10/16, and my order is still "now processing". I'm making absolutely no progress at all.

---------------

ScottHM

Premium
Real Name
Scott
That rumbling I felt a few minutes ago wasn't an earthquake after all. It was just an email from Kino saying my order has shipped. :dancing-banana-04:
---------------

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I think it’s silly too the way the word “restoration” has become a catch-all to include new transfers of film elements that are in perfectly fine shape, but the problem is that they’re competing in a limited marketplace where the competition has long been doing the same. I think Criterion was the one that started this questionable verbiage but it’s now so widespread that it gives the illusion of your product being substandard if you don’t play along too.
Today, everything is. Restoration. Need a new word.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
well, you should be unimpressed with KL customer service then.
I received my replacement copy of The Captive Heart on Friday.
I never did hear back from Kino regarding "The Captive Heart" not playing on any of my Oppo players. So they're kind of on my crap list right now. However, today I received my new Panny 4K player, the DP-UB820 model that was on sale at BB. I placed "The Captive Heart' disc into that player and after about 30-45 second load time, it started to play on that player. I played about five minutes of it and will finish it this week.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I never did hear back from Kino regarding "The Captive Heart" not playing on any of my Oppo players. So they're kind of on my crap list right now. However, today I received my new Panny 4K player, the DP-UB820 model that was on sale at BB. I placed "The Captive Heart' disc into that player and after about 30-45 second load time, it started to play on that player. I played about five minutes of it and will finish it this week.
The disc just refuses to play on OPPOs. That's the awful truth (but not as funny).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyPandy