What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (6 Viewers)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
This is probably at least part of my problem.
---------------
If my memory serves correct, both titles were OOS when I placed my initial order and I placed them on my wishlist. They were still oos when I placed the 2nd order.

OOS titles will hold up processing/shipping of the whole order. Also the same holds true for pre-orders. If it absolutely positively needs to be there ASAP I would suggest removing OOS items and creating a separate order.

TT and Screen Archives would do the same thing (for backorders). Deep Discount, Best Buy, Target and Amazon generally do not. But then you don't get the sale prices you get by ordering direct. I believe WBshop will usually hold the order if it will only take a few days. I have seen where WBShop will ship some items and then advise that the other item(s) are coming separately.

Last edited:

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias
2 titles with issues:

Beautiful Blonde From Bashful Bend Blu ray - Incorrectly mastered with elevated black level. No real blacks, only grays.

Back Roads Blu ray - Incorrectly mastered at a telecine'd 29.97 FPS, rather than at 23.976 FPS progressive. Needs to be IVTC'd.

[email protected]

Supporting Actor
Placed my order on 10/23;

The Undying Monster
Alice in Wonderland
The Devil Bat-(Still waiting patiently for this to fly back in stock)
Never Give a Sucker an Even Break
Don't Give Up the Ship

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I placed my order on Monday 11/2 and received them on Friday 11/6. I was pleasantly surprised.

I ordered
Buster Keaton The Shorts Collection
Reefer Madness / Sex Madness
Invisible Ghost
More Dead Than Alive
Dr. Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs
Chamber of Horrors
Paris Blues
The Pink Panther Cartoon Collection Volume 6
Saint Jack - DVD

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
They apparently were working on Sunday. I placed an another order Late Saturday night early Sunday morning and received a Your Order Has Been Approved for Packing confirmation at 8am Sunday morning. I received a shipping notice Monday 11/02.

My first order for this sale did not go as smoothly. I received the confirmation notice on 10/17 and did not receive a shipping notice until 10/25 I received the order Saturday 11/31.

The two Out of Stock items I wanted:
DIVA
Five Graves to Cairo
I added to a pre-order I'll have to wait to 11/24 to get those.
I received the order for the in-stock items Saturday morning or after 615pm Friday night.

Reactions: PMF

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
They apparently were working on Sunday. I placed an another order Late Saturday night early Sunday morning and received a Your Order Has Been Approved for Packing confirmation at 8am Sunday morning. I received a shipping notice Monday 11/02.

My first order for this sale did not go as smoothly. I received the confirmation notice on 10/17 and did not receive a shipping notice until 10/25 I received the order Saturday 11/31.

The two Out of Stock items I wanted:
DIVA
Five Graves to Cairo
I added to a pre-order I'll have to wait to 11/24 to get those.

I called Kino Lorber Customer Service on a Sunday Morning earlier this year and a guy picked up the phone and said, “hey we’re closed on Sunday. Call back tomorrow morning and they will take care of your issue.”
Ha ha, true story. I am quite pleased at the level and the effort of Kino Lorber quality and customer service.

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I called Kino Lorber Customer Service on a Sunday Morning earlier this year and a guy picked up the phone and said, “hey we’re closed on Sunday. Call back tomorrow morning and they will take care of your issue.”
Ha ha, true story. I am quite pleased at the level and the effort of Kino Lorber quality and customer service.
I'm not pleased because it looks like they ignored my email about "Captive Heart" so now I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I'm not pleased because it looks like they ignored my email about "Captive Heart" so now I'm going to call them tomorrow.

well, you should be unimpressed with KL customer service then.
I received my replacement copy of The Captive Heart on Friday.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Isn't there usually a big sale sometime in November? Did it already happen?

I'm lost, I can't keep up on these things anymore.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
@Corn Pop @Robert Crawford Re: The Captive Heart, I received my replacement copy post haste due to the kind indulgence of KL Insider. The disc arrived without the shrink wrap. I tested it on both my OPPOs and it didn't play. My son tested it on his PS4 and after about a minute of whirring it did play. I let KL Insider know that the disc had arrived, thanked him for the prompt service and informed him what had happened. He responded that the disc had been tested on two different players and had played fine. He suggested to check my OPPOs for updated firmware. They were up to date. So I thanked him for his efforts, assumed that the disc and the OPPOs were incompatible and told him that we would let it go at that. At this point we had exhausted all avenues and I couldn't push it any further. Kino had been extremely courteous with their customer service.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
@Corn Pop @Robert Crawford Re: The Captive Heart, I received my replacement copy post haste due to the kind indulgence of KL Insider. The disc arrived without the shrink wrap. I tested it on both my OPPOs and it didn't play. My son tested it on his PS4 and after about a minute of whirring it did play. I let KL Insider know that the disc had arrived, thanked him for the prompt service and informed him what had happened. He responded that the disc had been tested on two different players and had played fine. He suggested to check my OPPOs for updated firmware. They were up to date. So I thanked him for his efforts, assumed that the disc and the OPPOs were incompatible and told him that we would let it go at that. At this point we had exhausted all avenues and I couldn't push it any further. Kino had been extremely courteous with their customer service.

OK, I just tried it. this is my third copy of The Captive Heart that I’ve received new and sealed in plastic wrap from KL this year, and all 3 display the identical failure to read issue on my older Sony player. Meanwhile, I am feeding all kinds of new and old blu-ray releases from many different companies Into my player and they all play flawlessly tonight. For example, I just started playing a new blu-ray of Snow Falling on Cedars from Shout Factory.

I really believe that KL tested the last replacement disc on their players before they shipped it to me. But for some reason it won’t play for me.

I wanted to get a new region-free 4K blu-Ray player anyway, and I feel like my new player may play The Captive Heart.

But nevertheless, I have bought many KL blu-rays over the past 2 years, and this is the only movie which has any problems playing at all.

I don’t want anything more out of KL except for them to know that I am telling the truth and except for them to find the issue in their blu-ray release of The Captive Heart and be able to fix it so that other customers do not have problems in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks