What's new

Your thoughts on Kino-Lorber Blu-rays (4 Viewers)

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I pm'd KLinsider with the issue and my address. He already responded that they'll take care of it.
I emailed customer support and they replied that they decided to test some of the discs of The Captive Heart and they were playing properly. They offered me some options and I asked them to try to send me another disc that they had tested or that they were confident was from a good batch. I like KL customer service a lot.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I haven't had any problems with K-L. They've put out some films I really wanted, and paid the first day of issue price. The ones I was kind of iterested, I bought at sale time. Somewhat barebones, but have not been disappointed with the film/picture quality, and that's what is important.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I really wish they'd stop with the 2K restorations! Just because something is transferred in 2K doesn't mean it's a restoration, for God's sake. It's so irritating. And anything can be transferred in 2K - a print, 16mm, 8mm - it's so meaningless without the information about the source used - but NONE of it is a "restoration."

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think it’s silly too the way the word “restoration” has become a catch-all to include new transfers of film elements that are in perfectly fine shape, but the problem is that they’re competing in a limited marketplace where the competition has long been doing the same. I think Criterion was the one that started this questionable verbiage but it’s now so widespread that it gives the illusion of your product being substandard if you don’t play along too.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I haven't had any problems with K-L. They've put out some films I really wanted, and paid the first day of issue price. The ones I was kind of iterested, I bought at sale time. Somewhat barebones, but have not been disappointed with the film/picture quality, and that's what is important.
I would like to see some artwork on the inside of the cases like Shout Factory does on their releases. However, maybe the prices might be higher if that was done. Overall, I think Kino does an excellent job.

Corn Pop

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
After my email last week, I still haven't heard a thing from Kino's customer service so now I guess I will have to call them.
I emailed customer service last week and I got a prompt reply in a matter of minutes. My replacement disc of The Captive Heart has been shipped as of today so I haven’t received it yet. I will let this board know what happens after I try to play it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I emailed customer service last week and I got a prompt reply in a matter of minutes. My replacement disc of The Captive Heart has been shipped as of today so I haven’t received it yet. I will let this board know what happens after I try to play it.
Which email address are you using for Kino?

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Still waiting for a shipping notice for my order from the recent sale. I ordered 10/21. Longest I've had to wait for one of their sales.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I placed an order on the 15th and still have not received a shipping notice. Placed another order on Friday or Saturday. I must have some backordered items in the orders. No big deal. I still have titles from the last sale that I haven't watched yet.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Still waiting for a shipping notice for my order from the recent sale. I ordered 10/21. Longest I've had to wait for one of their sales.
I've been waiting since the 15th and the best I can tell (though my order status doesn't say so) is that something is on back order. The email I got from Kino this morning in response to a recent inquiry said something about a lot of orders and limited stock, and that they were doing all they could to ship orders. I guess that's good news.
---------------

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've been waiting since the 15th and the best I can tell (though my order status doesn't say so) is that something is on back order. The email I got from Kino this morning in response to a recent inquiry said something about a lot of orders and limited stock, and that they were doing all they could to ship orders. I guess that's good news.
---------------
They apparently were working on Sunday. I placed an another order Late Saturday night early Sunday morning and received a Your Order Has Been Approved for Packing confirmation at 8am Sunday morning. I received a shipping notice Monday 11/02.

My first order for this sale did not go as smoothly. I received the confirmation notice on 10/17 and did not receive a shipping notice until 10/25 I received the order Saturday 11/31.

The two Out of Stock items I wanted:
DIVA
Five Graves to Cairo
I added to a pre-order I'll have to wait to 11/24 to get those.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CoolMovies
    Recent bookmarks