What's new

Criterion's On Sale At DeepDiscount (1 Viewer)

haroldS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure this is the right Forum since it concerns prices, not the content of the DVDs, but DeepDiscount has Criterions for "Buy One, Get One Free", promotion code: B1G1CRITE0807, on sale through through 7/29.

DeepDiscount prices are higher on Criterions then DVDPlanet. In fact DeepDiscount appears to have raised some prices last week. My question is: Do you think DVDPlanet will have the same offer, as they do when the 20% off sale is on? If so, it would be cheaper to buy at DVDPlanet, since they are always 35% off each title.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I don't know if DVD Planet will have a similar deal or not, but this is still a very good deal, even with DD's higher prices.

FYI, DVD Planet is not 35% off on all Criterions. For example, the recent release The Furies is only 30% off. The Naked Prey is 32.5% off. I haven't checked many more, but it seems they may wait awhile after release before they fall to the 35% off level.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Thanks for the info: should be in the Bargains and Deals section but its already there :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The site does not indicate (that I can find) that Criterions are on sale. Do I have to go all the way through to check out before I can see the two-fer deal?

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Of the 12 titles I clicked on, only Army of Shadows was in stock. The rest are on back-order.

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry

I was so ready for this sale, but seeing this just reinforces my reason for staying away from Deep Discount. :frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I'm not sure what's going on with Deep Discount, but I just tried and 3 out of 4 are out of stock.

I also backed out of their big sale last month when well over 50% of what I added to my cart was out of stock.

Bad News!

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
you guys do know that they fill backordered items as soon as they get them in? Is it really that big a deal to wait an extra week or two for something you likely weren't going to be ordering soon without a sale anyway?
Criterions for $12 and $16? I can exercise a little paitence to take advantage of those prices.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I don't mind backorders so much. It delays when I have to pay for it since they don't charge until they ship. ;)

Anyway, thank you for posting this. There are several I want, including Thief of Bagdad! I may or may not get anything though. If only My Life as a Dog was included in the sale.... I'm tired of my lame VHS of that and would order today with Thief if it was included. :frowning:

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Some of the titles listed as "back ordered" on the electronic invoice page are "in stock" in the confirmation email. I wold not be surprised to receive two separate shipments from DDDVD and to be charged twice, accordingly.

Note that many significant Criterion titles are not part of the sale, the films by Antonioni for instance.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Of course, but how long will this be? I placed items in my shopping basket over a month ago for the last sale. When I went back to check on this sale, most of the items were still listed as 'Out of Stock'. If a major on-line retailer cannot renew their stock in that time frame, then something else smells funny. This has never been a problem with them until recently and it makes me hesitant to send money to them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, the stock info at DD is often incorrect. In their last 2 for 1 sale I purchased two separate sets and both said something was out of stock, but everything shipped right away. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people gripe about DD's glitches. As was already said, Criterions for $12-$16 is worth a little patience.

I'll just add a thought for all those who don't go that far. We have an online business who, when there is a sale like this, has thousands and possibly tens of thousands of people going to their site, putting things in their basket, not buying them, leaving them in their basket, buying some, not buying others and so on. There is no earthly way the second-to-second online stock can ever be correct. It is absolutely impossible. So, give them a break. Take advantage of the deals or just stay away.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller

Thank you. The whining and hand-wringing and suspicion in this thread is intolerable.

I ordered 14 titles. Some of them I'll get soon, some I'll get later. All will be at an awesome price.

UPDATE: just got notification that 11 of my discs have shipped, even though over half of them said "not in stock" when I placed the order.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Regardless of their inventory issues, I wouldn't bother with DD again after they straight out lied to the owners of HTF about the membership's participation in the last sale, and are intending to pull their HTF advertising because of this lie.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I ordered 4 titles, one was out of stock, but then next day got an e-mail saying all 4 have shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks