What's new

Criterion's On Sale at Barnes And Noble Starts Today Thru 11/29/21 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Naturally the one I want is "Temporarily Out of Stock Online" and not available in stores within 100 miles.:(
It's been a long time since I've done it so I don't know if it's still an option but I've gone to a brick and mortar B&N and ordered Criterion discs that aren't in stock and paid for them then so I'd get the sale price. It's also early enough in the sale that if you order it in a store, they may get it before the sale is even over.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's been a long time since I've done it so I don't know if it's still an option but I've gone to a brick and mortar B&N and ordered Criterion discs that aren't in stock and paid for them then so I'd get the sale price. It's also early enough in the sale that if you order it in a store, they may get it before the sale is even over.

It all depends on if the warehouse has it in stock at all. There used to be times where the instore inventory was a bit different than the website online, but that doesn't happen as often anymore. If it OOS for the instore side then not much BN can do.

OTOH, if it's in stock at a store out of the local area though available elsewhere, sometime the stores can do a store to store transfer or if you call the distant store, they will often ship it directly.

I haven't of too many items that are already OOS across the board other than those OOP items and few items like Zatoichi that has been in short supplies for the last couple years.

Most of the normal items will come back in stock once they go OOS at least once during the sale those stock issues are a bigger problem for all lines right now

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They are not matching Kane for me. Still $42
Serves me right for not checking Citizen Kane as I assumed it was after Mulholland Dr and Uncut Gems were discounted 50% off. Perhaps, it will discount down later on as many titles continue to be added.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
In the old days (like 8-10 years ago?), you could often stack 2 (reusable) coupons it seems (plus the 10% member's discount) and get the price down to ~$12 each (for a $40 MSRP title), :P but that was only in-store I think (and you would probably have to buy a batch of 3 for one of the $50-minimum purchase coupons IIRC... although I also seem to recall some -- not me -- managed to occasionally get to that minimum via the MSRP, instead of the 50%-off sale price, which netted even lower prices :emoji_astonished:)...

_Man_
“Don’t think about what you had
Think about about what you have.”

-Suze Orman

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Other than a few OOP items, there's a better chance B&N has it somewhere or will get it back in stock at a good price -- assuming it's a Bluray. Some of the older DVD sets are much easier to get at the Flash Sales since not many BN stores carry them at all

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I picked up a few Saturday that I had missed before:
Downhill Racer
Bull Durham
The Fugitive Kind

and new ones
The incredible Shrinking Man
& Mona Lisa

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon has now priced matched some of the Criterion 4K/UHD titles coming out in November.
Serves me right for not checking Citizen Kane as I assumed it was after Mulholland Dr and Uncut Gems were discounted 50% off. Perhaps, it will discount down later on as many titles continue to be added.
Menace II Society's Blu-ray has discounted to 50% off, but the 4K release still hasn't for this November 23rd release.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I ordered the following Blu-rays last night. I was too sleepy to look for more!

Citizen Kane
High Sierra
Uncut Gems
The Incredible Shrinking Man

I was wide awake this evening and added ten more titles:

Mulholland Drive
The Elephant Man
The Parallax View
La Strada
Defending Your Life
The Innocents
Repulsion
Tootsie
Short Cuts
Night and the City

As you can see, I'm all over the place in terms of genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks