Criterion to add extras on 2 discs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Mirza, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Criterion has tracked down a rare 19 minute filmed interview with director Federico Fellini. This 1966 BBC interview - conducted by Ian Dallas, the Magician in 8 1/2 - has never been broadcast in the United States and will appear on Criterion's upcoming Juliet of the Spirits, available in spring of 2002. In it, Fellini discusses such disparate topics as working with Giulietta Masina on Juliet and his first LSD experience.

Criterion has expanded its upcoming release of Wong Kar-Wai's In the Mood for Love with two new special features. They are: Hua Yang De Nian Hua, a short film by Wong Kar-wai created from archival nitrate elements for the Hong Kong Film Archives, and @ In the Mood for Love, Wong Kar-wai's exclusive "making of" documentary. Look for Criterion's DVD of In the Mood for Love in February.

2. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Excellent news, can always use more great Criterion extras.

3. Douglas Bailey

Douglas Bailey Second Unit

Douglas Bailey
    Just an attribution/verification note: the two paragraphs in Patrick's post are taken verbatim from the front page of the Criterion Collection web site (http://www.criterionco.com).
    (Which means he's not attributing those paragraphs, but also means he's not making anything up: his source, while admittedly uncredited, is unimpeachable.)
    doug

4. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Oops... yes, the quote is directly from Criterion's site. I forgot to mention where I got it from. Sorry.

5. Raphael

Raphael Stunt Coordinator

Not really software-related, but I have to throw my 2-cents in and say that In the Mood For Love was far and away my very favorite movie of 2001, and that it's an absolute thrill that this movie is being released by Criterion. I was just about ready to grit my teeth and buy the Region 0 bare-bones release.

6. Scott_MacD

Scott_MacD Supporting Actor

7. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I almost bought a region-free player only because of that amazing, feature-laden IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE dvd.

Held out just long enough!

The Criterion version will include all that's on the region 2 version... and more!