What's new

Criterion This Summer: Wim Wenders! (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
The new Criterion newsletter has a cartoon that references what other sites have confirmed will be the Criterion release this summer of Wim Wenders' WINGS OF DESIRE. They also state that PARIS, TEXAS and ALICE IN THE CITIES will also be released.

Great news as these are Wenders very best films. While I was happy with the previous versions of WINGS and PARIS (both of which are out of print), it will be interesting to see what Criterion does with them.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Paris, Texas from Criterion.....YES!!!!!

Hope it's released Blu-Ray as well
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Good news if it's true.
I don't think Alice In the Cities has had a region 1 release.
All three films are worthy of Criterion's high standard.
I'll buy them in an instant.

I would like Criterion to consider rescuing the full-length 279-minute version of Until the End of the World (1991), one of Wenders' finest achievements and one of the most memorable films of the decade.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
ALICE has never had an R1 release. It hasn't been released other than a Pacific Arts VHS in the early 80's. Anchor Bay quietly released a box set of some of his earlier films, but at $80, and half of the films already released by them, I never picked it up.

I didn't realize it, but both WINGS and PARIS are out of print on DVD. PARIS seems to be going for quite a bit used.

I'd also like to see UNTIL released. I have the Italian version and it needs a US release. I don't think Warner is going to issue even the short version.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
Please PLEASE issue "Until the End of the World". I just spent some money getting a used laserdisc copy. That's also great about "Wings of Desire", another of his best.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Paris, Texas, Kings of the Road, The American Friend, Wings of Desire and Wrong Move were all released as special edition discs in the UK last year. Most of them had commentary tracks, some had behind-the-scenes footage, outtakes, etc.

I'm guessing that Criterion and Axiom, (the company who released them here) have worked together on sourcing the extras.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks