What's new

Criterion Releases for 2019 (1 Viewer)

rob007

Grip
Real Name
Robert
I took advantage of Criterion's flash sale and picked up the 100 Years of Olympic Films on BD at 50% off. Not a bad reduction in price considering that it will cost me $270 CDN with shipping instead of the usual cost, which is astronomical when considering the exchange rate and the shipping fee.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I ordered 3 movies at $19.97; all were much cheaper than the amazon prices. I had to do a double-blink because amazon wanted $38.34 for Criterion's Time Bandits ...

Prices may be cheaper until you get to the shipping portion.

With Amazon Prime I am still making out better than this sale for the most part. The coupon was the only reason I jumped on it.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Prices may be cheaper until you get to the shipping portion.

With Amazon Prime I am still making out better than this sale for the most part. The coupon was the only reason I jumped on it.
Ron,

I'm assuming you just ordered one title and if that's the case it would be cheaper to order from Amazon at a discounted price. However, if you order three titles from Criterion which means free shipping at their $50 price point, I don't think that same three title order is cheaper to order from Amazon even with my Amazon Prime.

Harold Chasen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
Thanks for the alert about the flash sale. Because I was watching for it, I was able to buy even before I got the email about it. Two of my three titles are now sold out (Short Cuts and Notorious; Forty Guns is still in stock), so if I had waited, I might have missed out!

And just as Robert says, by buying three titles at ~$20 a piece, I got free shipping, so I saved compared with Amazon Prime.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Potential heads up -- tomorrow (Oct 15) is a pretty good chance for the Fall Criterion.com sale. No hints on their social media and no tell-tell signs on the website, but the 3rd Tuesday in October has been the date for the last 3 and with Haxan releasing tomorrow, it seems to fit their pattern.

Some folks think they might wait for Godzilla set, but that would likely put it in right near the beginning of the B&N sale.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Ended up picking up the Blu upgrades of the Von Sternberg silents and Haxan, as well as The Koker Trilogy. The Circus unfortunately went out of stock right as I was checking out, so it'll have to wait until next month.

Anyone who enjoyed the Dietrich/Sternberg set will love the silents.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Has Criterion mentioned anything about this month's announcements? It's already the 16th and nothing.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

NEWSLETTER - OCTOBER 16, 2019
January Titles!
We’re welcoming the new decade with films both timeless and timely from some of our favorite filmmakers: Pedro Almodóvar’s mother-themed masterpiece, Sidney Lumet’s underrated political thriller, Jean-Luc Godard’s existential wartime inquiry, and a charming romantic comedy from George Cukor starring Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant. Plus: The Fugitive Kind now on Blu-ray!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks