What's new

Criterion ready to release IT’S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD (1 Viewer)

How Would you want Criterion to handle MAD WORLD?

• I would like to see *everything* that was included on the Laserdisc release even if it does not matc

Votes: 119 65.7%
  • The film is too long already. Would only want to see those scenes intended for the original RoadSho

Votes: 53 29.3%
  • All I want is the overture and exit music. Don't need all those extra scenes added

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
BarryR said:
Yes, Cagney would have been an interesting choice. Jack Lemmon easily could've taken the Caesar role, reuniting with THE APARTMENT cast member Edie Adams. Bert Lahr would've made a hilarious biplane pilot (shades of FLYING HIGH!). Always fun to imagine a parallel universe MAD WORLD. I'm a bit stumped who could've replaced Dick Shawn, except maybe Tony Curtis?

I read somewhere that Jackie Mason and Joe Besser were considered for the garage guys.
Mason was indeed offered Roy or Irwin. He had to decline because he could not free himself from night club obligations for the amount of time needed to film the scenes.

Mike S.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Spencer Tracy~James StewartJames CagneySid Caesar~Red SkeltonEthel Merman~Yvonne DeCarloJudy GarlandMickey Rooney~Alan YoungMilton Berle~Burt LancasterGlenn FordEdie Adams~Debby ReynoldsPhil Silvers~Jerry LewisJonathan Winters~Ernie KovacsTerry Thomas~Stewart GrangerBuddy Hackett~Andy GriffithDorothy Provine~Ann MargaretHeck, just reunite Kramer with the cast from Judgement at Nuremberg....

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Red Skelton would've been a natural in this mix. Can't picture Lancaster or Granger adding much hilarity. I also can't think of anyone who could've matched Ethel Merman--absolute genius casting.

I like the Nuremberg angle!

:lol:

Carl LaFong

Agent
Real Name
Mike Fontanelli
Kovacs was originally signed to play Melville, but was already dead by the time shooting began.

Dick Shawn = Elvis Presley

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
Carl LaFong said:
Kovacs was originally signed to play Melville, but was already dead by the time shooting began.

Dick Shawn = Elvis Presley

Now there's a thought--but can't imagine him doing it without a few choruses of "31 Flavors."

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Lord Dalek said:
I gotta say the current bout of internet West Side Story over this has given me a good laugh.
You know, after Mad, Mad World happens, I'd love to see Criterion re-visit West Side Story (another UA title) and fix the Overture.

ShellOilJunior

Second Unit
Patience. How long did Waterfront take to get to blu after the tease? 6 months or so?

It's only been 3 months since this clue. It'll come sooner than later. It won't be pushed back because Criterion doesn't have to wait on a busy director to approve the transfer.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
based on the Earrings of Madame De debacle, I'm skeptical that Criterion would even notice there was anything wrong with the current My Fair Lady bluray/master/harvest, they'd probably think the source looked great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks