Press Release Criterion Press Release: Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM.

1. 1 Jul 17, 2017 at 9:58 AM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 7:51 PM
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    898_BD_box_348x490_original.jpg
    In the town of Twin Peaks, everyone has their secrets—but especially Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee). In this prequel to his groundbreaking 1990s television series, David Lynch resurrects the teenager found wrapped in plastic at the beginning of the show, following her through the last week of her life and teasing out the enigmas that surround her murder. Homecoming queen by day and drug-addicted thrill seeker by night, Laura leads a double life that pulls her deeper and deeper into horror as she pieces together the identity of the assailant who has been terrorizing her for years. Nightmarish in its vision of an innocent torn apart by unfathomable forces, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me is nevertheless one of Lynch’s most humane films, aching with compassion for its tortured heroine—a character as enthralling in life as she was in death.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION:
    • Restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by director David Lynch
    • 7.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray, supervised by Lynch
    • Alternate original 2.0 surround soundtrack, presented in DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray
    • The Missing Pieces, ninety minutes of deleted and alternate takes from the film, assembled by Lynch
    • New interview with actor Sheryl Lee
    • Interviews from 2014 by Lynch with actors Lee, Ray Wise, and Grace Zabriskie
    • More!
    • PLUS: An interview with Lynch from the 2005 edition of filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s book Lynch on Lynch

• United States
    • 135 minutes
    • Color
    • 1.85:1
    • English
    • Spine #898

October 17, 2017

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

My guess is that this disc is going to be for the hard hardcore fan or the rare person who wants FWWM but doesn't already have the box set. They might have a couple interviews (Sheryl Lee and Ray Wise) and a critic talking about the movie. I wonder if they'll even be able to get the deleted scenes since the rights are or were apparently complicated.

Adam Lenhardt and Josh Steinberg like this.
  3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Lead Actor
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    Yeah, I'm willing to buy this again if there's something new and substantial included, but I couldn't imagine what that could possibly be. Kinda similar to the way the Criterion Dr. Strangelove BD didn't add much over the Sony BD.

TravisR likes this.
  4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

It'll be interesting to see if it's a new transfer. The transfer for the movie in the Blu-Ray set was a step down in quality from the transfers for the TV episodes.

5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I over estimated- the only new extra is a Sheryl Lee interview but at least the deleted scenes are included.

I have to admit that one new interview is making it tough for me to want to rebuy this. That being said, I'm sure I'll break and pick it up during the B&N sale in the fall.

SAhmed likes this.
  6. arbogast

arbogast Auditioning

Scott
    Perhaps, but in the case of Strangelove, I think the Exhibiters' Trailer with Kubrick narrating and containing alternate takes/views makes the Criterion upgrade a must have. Plus there's the little envelope full of stuff!