What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The only major disappointment is Tom Weaver's rather snide commentary track. It would be better classified as a Mystery Science Theater lampoon of the film!
Agree 100%. I gave up listening to this after ten minutes because I was getting fed up with his biting sarcasm and his constant put-downs of the lead character and his emotional struggle. He'd been so good on "Creature From The Black Lagoon" that I expected better.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Thanks to my local library I just finished watching the film for the first time and did enjoy it and was well made. The ending was different from what I was expecting and that made the film better.

mskaye

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Kochman

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Thanks to my local library I just finished watching the film for the first time and did enjoy it and was well made. The ending was different from what I was expecting and that made the film better.

That was my reaction too! I thought I had seen this before I had bought it but as I watched I realized the film was wholly unfamiliar to me. I was really impressed not only with the quality of the effects work and the general set/costume/prop design work but also the storytelling. I didn’t expect something so humanistic and life affirming.

They really don’t make ‘em like Jack Arnold anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks