What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: One False Move (1992) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
FmMZP5mLUC32YSxFQqo0zqIVlwYMoe_large.jpg

A small-town police chief (Bill Paxton) concealing an explosive secret. A pair of ruthless drug dealers (coscreenwriter Billy Bob Thornton and Michael Beach) who leave a bloody trail in their wake as they make their way from Los Angeles to Arkansas. And an enigmatic woman (Cynda Williams) caught in the middle. The way these desperate lives converge becomes a masterclass in slow-burn tension thanks to the nuanced direction of Carl Franklin, whose haunting debut feature travels a crooked road across America’s most fraught divisions—urban and rural, Black and white—while imbuing noir conventions with a wrenching emotional depth.

DIRECTOR-APPROVED 4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES​

• New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Carl Franklin, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
  • In the 4K UHD edition: One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • Audio commentary from 1999 featuring Franklin
  • New conversation between Franklin and cowriter-actor Billy Bob Thornton
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: An essay by author William Boyle

• FILM INFO​

• United States
    • 105 minutes
    • Color
    • 1.85:1
    • English
    • Spine #1187

• New cover by Vlad Rodriguez

July 25, 2023

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought this title on iTunes a couple of years ago because it never got a Blu-ray release. This is a surprise, especially getting both a Blu-ray and 4K/UHD release. A fine movie!

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
An excellent film, and I believe never on blu-ray until now. I also bought the iTunes HD which looks just fine.

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Just recently saw this film again on vudu 3 weeks ago. Just like devil in a blue dress, I will be picking this up. Glad Mr. Carl Franklin is getting some love from criterion

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Great news! I never expected to see this released on UHD. Never was a fan of Bill Paxton, but he’s perfect for, and really shines in, this one and A Simple Plan. Now maybe we can get the latter on UHD, which has been equally ignored during the hi-def era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks