What's new

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Well, regardless of how well they represent the actual disc, to me the Criterion screenshots themselves look like they've been processed to death. Almost as bad as those of the Criterion Children of Paradise or the Kino cleaned up version of White Zombie. Again, the DVDBeaver screenshots themselves. To me.
Excessive degraining seems to be an ongoing issue with Fox titles of a certain age (Dragonwyck, Cluny Brown are couple of examples.)

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Well, regardless of how well they represent the actual disc, to me the Criterion screenshots themselves look like they've been processed to death. Almost as bad as those of the Criterion Children of Paradise or the Kino cleaned up version of White Zombie. Again, the DVDBeaver screenshots themselves. To me.
Yeah, acknowledging all the caveats about the reliability of screenshots and so on, I'm not that sold on the look.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again, this time looking and sounding so wonderful.

I watched all of the bonuses today. Imogen Sarah Smith's video analysis was, as is usual with her, excellent.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed seeing it again, this time looking and sounding so wonderful.

I watched all of the bonuses today. Imogen Sarah Smith's video analysis was, as is usual with her, excellent.
Yeah, I need to watch my Criterion Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jktemp
Recent bookmarks