Criterion Press Release: Mulholland Dr. (Blu-ray)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
XenForo Template

mulhollandfront.jpg

mulhollandback.jpg

MULHOLLAND DR. – Blu-ray & DVD Editions 

Blonde Betty Elms (Naomi Watts) has only just arrived in Hollywood to become a movie star when she meets an enigmatic brunette with amnesia (Laura Harring). Meanwhile, as the two set off to solve the second woman’s identity, filmmaker Adam Kesher (Justin Theroux) runs into ominous trouble while casting his latest project. David Lynch’s seductive and scary vision of Los Angeles’s dream factory is one of the true masterpieces of the new millennium, a tale of love, jealousy, and revenge like no other.

2001 • 147 minutes • Color • 5.1 surround • 1.85:1 aspect ratio

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES 
• New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised by director David Lynch and director of photography Peter Deming, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray 
• New interviews with Lynch, Deming, actors Naomi Watts and Laura Harring, composer Angelo Badalamenti, and casting director Johanna Ray
• Interviews with Lynch and cast members, along with other footage from the film’s set
• Trailer
• PLUS: A booklet featuring an interview with Lynch from filmmaker and writer Chris Rodley’s 2005 edition of the book Lynch on Lynch
• More!

TITLE: MULHOLLAND DR. (BLU-RAY EDITION)
SRP $39.95
PREBOOK 9/29/15
STREET 10/27/15
CAT. NO. CC2544BD  
ISBN 1-68143-062-2
UPC 7-15515-15931-9

TITLE: MULHOLLAND DR. (2-DVD EDITION)
SRP $29.95
PREBOOK 9/29/15
STREET 10/27/15
CAT. NO. CC2545DDVD
ISBN 1-68143-063-0
UPC 7-15515-15941-8

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Logan

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe it's me, but I feel like the faces of Naomi and Laura on the cover might have had some subtle digital filtering applied.

Experts?

Oh, and day 1 purchase for me. :)

Reactions: SAhmed

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I knew there was a reason I traded my DVD of this in more than a year ago in anticipation of a domestic BD release. Didn't expect it from Criterion, though.

Jari K

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
I want extended "steamy" scene w Watts and Harring with optional alternate angles.

(Kidding)

Reactions: SAhmed

TheSteig

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Hollywoodaholic said:
I knew there was a reason I traded my DVD of this in more than a year ago in anticipation of a domestic BD release. Didn't expect it from Criterion, though.
Its been rumored for 2 years that Criterion had the movie. I traded the DVD in myself ! :D

CraigF

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
This might be pretty good, sounds like it could be a worthwhile improvement over the UK BD.

This is another one of those movies that I'm not exactly sure just how good it could look, no matter what's done with the source. Just based on what I've seen already.

MaxMorrow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter Roberts
One of my favorites, and it comes out around my birthday. It will be mine...oh yes; it will be mine.

davidHartzog

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
One of the finest films ever made. Day 1 purchase. Can't hardly wait!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now Available for Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

CraigF

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ No wonder I couldn't find the Criterion pre-order at any amazon, I called it Mulholland Drive not Mulholland Dr., silly me.

Somewhat "interestingly", and I never remarked on this before, is that my U.S. DVD uses Dr. and my UK BD uses Drive. One is clearly a street name, yet the other could be interpreted as referring to something a bit different. Though I bet it's because "Dr." might be otherwise interpreted as "Doctor" in the UK, as I don't recall there being (m)any Drives there as part of a road name (it's been a long time since I lived there, and I'm sure somebody will correct me...).

Mike Frezon

Love me some David Lynch.

I'll be picking this up for sure (though I can probably wait for the November B&N Criuterion sale).

Long time HTF members should remember that former moderator Jack Briggs actually ranked Mulholland Dr. alongside 2001 on his list of favorite movies--not something to be taken lightly! :biggrin:

Dave MJ

Second Unit
Finally! Day one purchase for sure. One of my all time favorites. Fascinating, infuriating and bewildering the first time I watched it. Once I figured it out, it just gets better each time I see it. Truly brilliant, maybe Lynch's best film overall.

Wish there were more extras. The deleted scenes from the pilot would great.

CraigF

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ You are lucky that Lynch accounted for people like you and approved the dual names. This was no big deal, you know how flexible Lynch is with how his films are treated. :)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
TravisR said:
I'm guessing that it will. The Twin Peaks set had chapters and Lynch had as much or more involvement there as he does on this one.
The Criterion release of Eraserhead doesn't have a scene selection menu or chapter stops, so my guess is Mulholland Dr. won't, either.

Reactions: TravisR

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
July