What's new

Press Release Criterion Press Release: Citizen Kane (1941) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why isn't there a "4" next to that "K?" Seems like a missed opportunity for this release. ;)
Orson Welles GIF

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
The ugly cover is currently trending Citizen Kane on Twitter, where it is being heavily roasted.

Attachments

• Citizen Kane Twitter.jpg
    Citizen Kane Twitter.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

bugsy-pal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I like the cover - simple and bold, and in line with the visual style of the movie. I'm happy to pay what they're asking for this. Long live Criterion!

John_Simpson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John C Simpson
They might not included 4K in the B&N sales, may become an online exclusive only.
Either way works for me. The objective is the 50% :)

I will admit I'm the perfect target for these folks. Regardless of format it'll have new special features that I'll have to have. It's why I have every edition of the original Highlander.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Either way works for me. The objective is the 50% :)

I will admit I'm the perfect target for these folks. Regardless of format it'll have new special features that I'll have to have. It's why I have every edition of the original Highlander.

That's only reason I double/triple dip, if the features selection is packed; I'll be getting it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Robert Crawford brought to my attention that there is also a brand-new Blu-ray release for Citizen Kane. I have added the Amazon preorder link to the original post.

Reed Grele

Patron
Real Name
Reed Grele
Pre-ordered from the Amazon HTF link.

I don't mind paying $10 more for the 4K, because back in 2000 I sold my Criterion CAV Laserdisc Box Set Serial Numbered First Edition for a few dollars shy of $150. So even if I end up paying full list, I'm still ahead.

compson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
The 4K Kane is currently ranked #1 in “Drama Blu-ray Discs” on Amazon at the full price of $59.95. It will be discounted before it ships, but still. Glad to see it, though.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
On September 27th PBS will broadcast on the American Experience series "Citizen Hearst". A two part four hour film on William Randolph Hearst which should be interesting to watch when they talk about Hearst's involvement with Citizen Kane. The film is based on historian David Nasaw’s biography, The Chief: The Life of William Randolph Hearst. Part 2 will air Tuesday, September 28th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjeanamantog
Recent bookmarks