What's new

Criterion Press Release: Amores Perros (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
mp16EB371UByNpzZ8trEQghLx1EiZv_large.jpg

Sending shock waves through the Mexican film industry and the world, this blistering feature debut from Alejandro González Iñárritu brought the director’s electrifying visual style and bravura multistrand storytelling to the screen with the heart-stopping impact of a primal scream. In Mexico City, the lives of three strangers—a young man (Gael García Bernal) mixed up in the gritty underworld of dogfighting, a glamorous woman (Goya Toledo) who seems to have it all, and a mysterious assassin (Emilio Echevarría) who is desperate to reconnect with his estranged daughter—collide in a tragic twist of fate that forever alters their personal journeys. A tour de force of violence and emotion captured in a rush of kinetic handheld camera work, Amores perros is an unforgettable plunge into a world of brutality and aching, interconnected humanity.

FILM INFO
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES
  • New 4K digital restoration, supervised by director Alejandro González Iñárritu and director of photography Rodrigo Prieto, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
  • New interview with Iñárritu and filmmaker Paweł Pawlikowski
  • New conversation between Iñárritu and actors Adriana Barraza, Vanessa Bauche, and Gael García Bernal
  • Perros, amores, accidentes, a new documentary on the making of the film featuring behind-the-scenes footage
  • Rehearsal footage with narration by Iñárritu
  • New interview with composer Gustavo Santaolalla
  • New video essay by film scholar Paul Julian Smith
  • Music videos for songs from the film’s soundtrack by Control Machete, Café Tacvba, and Julieta Venegas
  • Trailer
  • New English subtitle translation
  • PLUS: Essays by critic Fernanda Solórzano and author Juan Villoro
December 15, 2020

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm wondering what is being "restored" in a film made from 2000?

The blu-ray
1600376323590.png
is still available and we loose the commentary ...

• Audio Commentary with Director Alejandro González Iñárritu and Writer Guillermo Arriaga Jordan is in Spanish, with English subtitles.

• Deleted Scenes (480p; 17:45) features optional commentary (again in Spanish) by Inarritu.

• Featurette (480p; 8:09) is an enjoyable enough EPK with good behind the scenes footage. In Spanish with English subtitles.

• Los Perros (480p; 6:19) takes a look at the dogs in the film. In Spanish with English subtitles.

• Me Van a Matar Music Video (480p; 4:06) features Juliet Venega.

• Avientame Music Video (480p; 3:30) features Cafe Tacuba.

• De Perros Amores Music Video (480p; 4:03) features Control Machete and and Ely Guerra.

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Great movie I purchased the international Blu-ray 2 years ago and I am happy with it. Not sure if I will buy the Criterion release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks