Criterion Monterey Pop covers damaged :(

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Daniel P, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

I don't know where to put this post, so I'll understand if it gets moved somewhere else.

I bought the Monterey Pop DVDs recently, and am wondering if somebody has access to a scanner - or scanned copies of the covers. Two of the 3 cardboard covers are damaged quite badly (bought from a not so trusty e-tailer which I won't name) and the box is stuffed. I'd like to be able to get the covers printed somewhere, and try to fit them into blank cases. I can't scan my own for 2 reasons: I don't have access to a scanner, and they are too damaged to scan anyway.

If anyone can help, I would be greatly appreciative.

Cheers,
    Daniel

2. Chad E

Chad E Stunt Coordinator

When my Criterion Brazil 3-disc set arrived from Amazon with both the outer slip cover and the disc 3 case badly damaged, I sent an email to Criterion, and they sent me replacements. That's the only time I had any direct dealings with the company, but they certainly seemed like a class act, and their generosity was very much appreciated. (I had offered to pay for replacements... and they very kindly sent them to me for free! [​IMG] )

Criterion's website is here: http://www.criterionco.com/asp/ . I believe the link I used was "Support & Feedback", then "Ask Jon Mulvaney".

I guess the only problem in your case may be that you are in Australia. They shipped to me in Canada, but I don't know if that really means they'd ship to anywhere in the world.

3. Bleddyn Williams

Bleddyn Williams Supporting Actor

Bleddyn Williams
    I had a disaster about 8 months ago, when I was moving a bookcase out of my baby daughter's room. In its new location, the whole bookcase fell over - and it contained all my more fragile cardboard packages!

Amazingly, only two took real damage - but one of them was my prized "Adventures of Antoine Doinel" set - the outer box was damaged.

I emailed Jon at Criterion, and he had a new one mailed to me. As with Chad's story, I would have happily paid for the replacement, but it was free of charge.

Jon Mulvaney and Criterion are good folks, Daniel. Talk to them and you may be very happy![​IMG]

4. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

Maybe I'll drop them a line...doubt they'll ship to Australia, but ya never know I guess.

Thanks for your help guys.

Daniel