Criterion In The Mood For Love pre-order?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Broeska, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Matt Broeska

Matt Broeska Stunt Coordinator

subject says it all. is "in the mood for love" up for pre-order anywhere and if it is, where's the best price?

2. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

I buy almost exclusively from DVDEmpire, and they have it for preorder at 27.97

3. Frank Tran

Frank Tran Agent

DVD Planet has is for $27.96. Great service...

4. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

Since Matt is in Canada, the best option is probably DVDBoxoffice.

They have it for $46.95 CAD, which is decent for Criterion pricing in Canada.

5. andrew markworthy

If you can play R2 DVDs, you might wish to consider the R2 special edition which is already out, and which has a high proportion of the Criterion disc features (and before any of the 'Criterion is god' brigade say anything, I know it's not got *Criterion* on the sleeve, but that doesn't matter to a lot of us).

6. Jay Gregory

Jay Gregory Stunt Coordinator

While In The Mood For Love would be the perfect present for my Valentine, unfortunately it is not scheduled to be released until a couple of weeks after Valentine's Day.
    That's not too big a deal, since she's also a big Ingmar Bergman fan and Criterion is supposed to be releasing Wild Strawberries 2/12.
    Assuming that Criterion makes this date (and I realize that this is a big assumption,) does anyone have experience with e-tailers that typically ship Criterion Collection disks so that they arrive, say, by the Friday after street date? (I would certainly prefer to receive it by Thursday: Valentine's Day.)
    My Criterion Collection pre-orders have fallen off drastically since the glory days of Reel.com and I've had to become more selective. I do miss pre-ordering all the $40 SRP Criterion Collection DVDs for $16 shipped! (Those disks generally arrived within a day or so of street date.)
    BTW, I live in the Atlanta, GA metropolitan miasmic sprawl if you want to take my location into account.
    Amazon.com and DVDPlanet.com (and I use both of them often) still list a 2/12 release date for Wild Strawberries, so I assume that date is still on, with a month to go.

7. Matt Broeska

Matt Broeska Stunt Coordinator

thanks everyone.

marc, i'll check out dvdboxoffice. i know that cnl has it listed for around $57 cdn, but that seems like a bit much.