What's new

Criterion In The Mood For Love pre-order? (1 Viewer)

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
subject says it all. is "in the mood for love" up for pre-order anywhere and if it is, where's the best price?

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Since Matt is in Canada, the best option is probably DVDBoxoffice.

They have it for $46.95 CAD, which is decent for Criterion pricing in Canada.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
If you can play R2 DVDs, you might wish to consider the R2 special edition which is already out, and which has a high proportion of the Criterion disc features (and before any of the 'Criterion is god' brigade say anything, I know it's not got *Criterion* on the sleeve, but that doesn't matter to a lot of us).

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
While In The Mood For Love would be the perfect present for my Valentine, unfortunately it is not scheduled to be released until a couple of weeks after Valentine's Day.
That's not too big a deal, since she's also a big Ingmar Bergman fan and Criterion is supposed to be releasing Wild Strawberries 2/12.
Assuming that Criterion makes this date (and I realize that this is a big assumption,) does anyone have experience with e-tailers that typically ship Criterion Collection disks so that they arrive, say, by the Friday after street date? (I would certainly prefer to receive it by Thursday: Valentine's Day.)
My Criterion Collection pre-orders have fallen off drastically since the glory days of Reel.com and I've had to become more selective. I do miss pre-ordering all the $40 SRP Criterion Collection DVDs for $16 shipped! (Those disks generally arrived within a day or so of street date.)
BTW, I live in the Atlanta, GA metropolitan miasmic sprawl if you want to take my location into account.
Amazon.com and DVDPlanet.com (and I use both of them often) still list a 2/12 release date for Wild Strawberries, so I assume that date is still on, with a month to go.

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
thanks everyone.

marc, i'll check out dvdboxoffice. i know that cnl has it listed for around $57 cdn, but that seems like a bit much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks