What's new

Criterion Flash Sale (1 Viewer)

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Everything 50% off direct from Criterion. Not a bad deal at all. Have they ever done this before? I wouldn't have known, but I recently signed up for their newsletter.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
Just a little Heads Up here: The sale is only for items IN STOCK. So don't make the mistake I did, and load up your cart with Pre-Orders ... you'll just have to take them all out and start over. Still, some very nice buys since the last Barnes and Noble Criterion Sale.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hollywoodaholic said:
Anyone know if this Criterion flash sale is going to happen again in this month of February?
If they do it won't be announced in advance. The e-mail will show up the morning of the sale. Best way to make sure you know of any flash sales is to get on their mailing list!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Just got 9 of the 11 I need to re-complete my collection and be all-Blu (I'm actually complete with this order, I just lack the Casavettes set and Eyes Without a Face in Blu, I have the DVDs)Also passed $500 at the Criterion site and earned a $50 GiftCertificate!

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Moe Dickstein said:
Also passed $500 at the Criterion site and earned a $50 GiftCertificate!
Nice! I still have about $150 to go.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
JoHud said:
Nice! I still have about $150 to go.
I was at $157 to go before the sale lol.I could have saved like another $20 waiting for the July BN sale, but I wanted to earn my GC and there's going to be more than plenty to buy in July. I'm pretty much back to just buying the stuff I really want when it comes out then bringing my collection back to complete at these sales.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Hollywoodaholic said:
Are you kidding me?!! In stock items only, and they're already out of stock on It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Now I really am Mad mad mad mad.
That didn't take long. I was able to order that title an hour ago. I was bummed that The Hidden Fortress is still a few weeks away from release, so I couldn't get that title on sale. Oh, well, it goes on the wish list for the next sale.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
Jules et Jim is on backorder. I was about to pull the trigger, then decided to wait until after lunch, while I thought about whether I really wanted another of my selections. Oh well, there's always the B&N sale this summer.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hollywoodaholic said:
Are you kidding me?!! In stock items only, and they're already out of stock on It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. Now I really am Mad mad mad mad.
Duh. So it's back in stock again. But guess what? By the time you add shipping, it's $2-3 more than Deep Discount. I guess I thought it was $19 at half off and it's actually $24 + $5-6 shipping. Now I feel dumb dumb dumb dumb. But DDD gets the order at $28 + free shipping..

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
do you pay tax with DD? I do in CA, but I don't with Criterion - in fact that is about the last online purchase I can do these days without tax added.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
when it comes down to a couple dollars, I'd rather give my $ direct to criterion, as well as if you buy lots of them, you earn $50 for every $500 you spend, which I hit during this sale. So between tax and free shipping it was well worth it for me on this sale, since I will also have less to catch up at the July sale, only 5 months worth lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks