What's new

Criterion Flash Sale 50% SRP on all instock Movies (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
To please Ron: I purchased His Girl Friday;

Hahaha.

Ride the Pink Horse from Peter's list is fantastic so if you like Noir this is a must. I already have it so did not need that at this point but I would say if you don't have that, Ron, jump on it.

Yup. Have it.

Most of what you guys ordered I already have. Just bought ASPHALT JUNGLE last week for $27 on Amazon. Think I will pass on this sale.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Ron, I meant that I was responding to your request to list titles bought. I knew you had bought His Girl Friday and had had reservations about it. But I appreciate your humor.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
No, I understand. I still think that film was one of my small disappointments.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I ordered Red River, 3:10 To Yuma, Jubal and My Darling Clementine for myself, and The Before Trilogy to surprise my wife with.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
All I got was his girl Friday, FilmStruck has let me watch some films I'd have blind bought instead (like black girl and something wild), so I wasn't in a buying mood to drop 50 for free shipping.

I too hope they release more eclipse titles, the eighteen month gap means I finally caught up on the series and have completely watched everything in it. I think I read that they are going to release a Berlanga eclipse set of films by the director who they debuted in the states with last years "the executioner" release. So the series isn't quite dead, yet.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
3:10 is quite special. The sexual tension between Ford and Felicia Farr is quite palpable and it escaped the censors.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I used my newly acquired $50 gift card to finally order the box set America Lost and Found: The BBS Story. It cost me $12.47 between the 50% sale and gift card. Not bad -- seven Criterion films for twelve and a half bucks! I have really wanted The Last Picture Show to replace my non-anamorphic DVD for quite awhile.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Appears that the sale ended exactly at Noon this year. A bit surprised they didn't have at least a short extension, but I did more damage than usual this year with accumulated Rewards Points already

Next Flash Sale I think should be sometime in October though the Fall sale seems a bit more unpredictable so watch somewhere between 9/26 - 10/17
July BN 50% Sale is the next big(ger) sale -- let's hope that at least some basic coupons are still accepted

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Between this sale and Target's recent Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, I do not think I will be buying anything during the next B&N sale. My Criterion wish list is pretty bare right now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
May - July titles still coming up -- I'll suspect some nice choices will show up.
But my non-preorder Wishlist is pretty bare right now, but I didn't bite on the March/April preorders that Target had for sale so easily 4 or 5 of those are already teed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks