What's new

Criterion Flash Sale 50% SRP on all instock Movies (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Please list what you buy. I have everything I want. So, I am looking for suggestions based on your purchases.

Well, the big item from this sale I just picked up was The Before Trilogy as that just came out today. Other than that I picked up His Girl Friday which was also a recent release but I think you have that already, Ron.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Please list what you buy. I have everything I want. So, I am looking for suggestions based on your purchases.

Pretty much the new releases since December. 1st 4 (or 5 counting BEFORE) are known quantities, the last 4 just sounded interesting or at least unique

BEFORE Trilogy I got through the brief Super-preorder Amazon Price 'error' just like Lone Wolf and Cub at $40 so not needed for this sale.

His Girl Friday was the main attraction
Mildred Pierce -- 2nd on the list
Something Wild
Woman on the Verge
Black Girl
Cameraperson
Fox and His Friends
Tree of the Wooden Clogs

DennisBassi

Second Unit
Real Name
Dennis
I purchased Mildred Pierce, His Gal Friday and the Asphalt Jungle. I had them saved in my cart, but upon log in they were gone and I had to do it again. Also, trouble logging in from my desktop, so I did it from my phone! every minute counts to get existing stock.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It's a black & white sale for me:
THE KILLERS
RIDE THE PINK HORSE
MY DARLING CLEMENTINE
ONLY ANGELS HAVE WINGS
MILDRED PIERCE

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
To please Ron: I purchased His Girl Friday; The Tree of Wooden Clogs; Something Wild (1961); and Fox and His Friends. I pre-ordered titles from Target so I'm good until the next B&N sale.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Ride the Pink Horse from Peter's list is fantastic so if you like Noir this is a must. I already have it so did not need that at this point but I would say if you don't have that, Ron, jump on it.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I had His Girl Friday in my cart but it rings up at $24.97 after the LOVE code is applied (free shipping on orders over $50.00)
Call Me Eclectic:
One-Eyed Jacks
Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2702BD)
Quantity: 1
Price each: $19.97
Total price: $19.97

La chienne
Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2633BD)

Roma
Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2713BD)

Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!
Criterion Blu-Ray/DVD Combo (CC2364BDDVD)

Subtotal: $79.88
Shipping & handling: $0.00
Total: $79.88

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I had His Girl Friday in my cart but it rings up at $24.97 after the LOVE code is applied (free shipping on orders over $50.00)

It's a 2 Disc MSRP $50 item and is a Double Feature with "Front Page" on a separate disc so $25 is correct for the 50% off sale like most 2 BD items

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I picked up His Girl Friday, The Asphalt Jungle and One-Eyed Jack. I already got a great deal on the Before Trilogy -- Amazon originally priced it at $39.95, and I locked in a pre-order at that price. It arrived today.

I also received a pleasant surprise from Criterion after placing my order. They sent me a $50 gift certificate from their loyalty program!

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
I grabbed The Asphalt Jungle, His Girl Friday and Mildred Pierce. As above, I also was given a $50 gift certificate. I wonder if you can combine with their 50% off Flash sale. Then I might go for the Before Trilogy.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I grabbed The Asphalt Jungle, His Girl Friday and Mildred Pierce. As above, I also was given a $50 gift certificate. I wonder if you can combine with their 50% off Flash sale. Then I might go for the Before Trilogy.

No problem at all. Add the Promo code at the cart and teh GC Code in the payment section.

It's a bit strange when you add 2 GC -- enter first code, then click Edit payment and add a 2nd (and 3rd GC) this morning. It appears to add the Full GC amount and leaves a credit on your account if your GC are more than the order so I guess you don't have to enter the code again at the next order to apply the remainder of the GC

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just picked up my 3rd $50 Reward Code unexpectedly after I ordered a couple DVD Boxsets that may never see Bluray so of course had to make another order. I wonder if they're going to release any more Eclipse sets at all -- it;s been almost 18 months now and even then there were only 2 sets in 2015

Pigs Pimps and Prostitutes
Rebel Samurai
Lower Depths
Eisenstein The Sound Years
Bergman Trilogy

I was looking at Great Adaptations except I have one of the 4 already on Blu and another is available from Flicker Alley.
Doinel set just keeps missing the cutoff.
Bergman 4 Picture Masterworks -- 3 already have Criterion BD
Olivier's Shakespeare -- 1 of 3 already on Criterion Blu.

Rossellini War Trilogy keeps being rumored for Criterion Bluray upgrade and I think there is a nice UK set on BD that I may end up with at some point.

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
I just bought:

Haxan/Witchcraft Through the Ages
Eclipse Series 16: Alexander Korda’s Private Lives (The Private Life of Henry VIII, The Rise of Catherine the Great, The Private Life of Don Juan, and Rembrandt)
Carnival of Souls

I still might pickup the following before the sale ends tomorrow:

Dressed to Kill
The Player
Wings of Desire

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks