What's new

Criterion Flash Sale 50% SRP on all instock Movies (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I wanted Harold and Maude. By the time shipping was added, it was nearly $27.

I can get it on Amazon for that price.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wanted Harold and Maude. By the time shipping was added, it was nearly $27.

I can get it on Amazon for that price.
If you only want one title, the Criterion sales usually are not a great deal. If you order enough to accumulate a $50 order after the discounts are applied, then you get free shipping -- plus there is no sales tax collected in Michigan, unlike Amazon and B&N. I usually have a long enough wish list to get free shipping, as I only buy Criterion titles during these sales.

I picked up Blood Simple, In a Lonely Place, and Only Angels Have Wings.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
As mentioned shipping is a big issue for these sale since Criterion is a flat rate 6.95 until you reach $50.

One of the best deals for this sale of the 2 exclusive boxsets -- Hitchcock and the Rock Box. 4 Individual Criterion titles repackaged in a slipcase -- I think the cases are opened inside the pack.
These were basically Costco Exclusive last Xmas for $60 which were all returned to criterion after the sale and have only been available at Criterion.com for $75 (expect the Feb Flash sale of course) .

47.50 after the DOLLS code so 54.50 shipped or add another title to gain FS as well.
4 Hitchcocks for 11.80 ea is a pretty nice deal and would be nearly impossible to get the 4 standalones cheaper.

Hitchcock set
Foreign Correspondent
The Man Who Knew Too Much (Lorre)
39 Steps
The Lady Vanishes

Rock Box
Gimme Shelter -- Rolling Stones
Hard Days Night -- Beatles
Quadrophenia -- The Who
Monterrey Pop -- D A Pennebaker

The Rock Box would be very easy to match with extra 29.95 title "Jimi Plays Monterey & Shake! Otis at Monterey" to get a Rock Package with FS -- 62.50 for 5 individual titles. Jimi Plays Monterrey and Monterrey Pop have long been available in a 69.95 MSRP double feature in a nice slipbox anyway.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I got six for about $75. 5 at 20 plus 1 at 25 less a $50 gift certificate. Criterion keeps records of your purchases and for every $500 that you purchase they give you a $50 gift certificate which doesn't appear to expire. You don't get the certificate until you've spent the money so you can't apply it instantly. All you have to do is purchase on your own account and remember to keep the email with the gift certificate number. This is effectively a 10% discount off of a half price sale. So as long as you buy $50 worth you get it for net 55% off with no shipping and no sales tax (except for NY and KY). But of course we all add the non-collected sales tax when we do our state income taxes so it's not quite that good.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
SOLARIS

Criterion Blu-Ray (CC1978BD) - Quantity: 1$19.97

TRILOGÍA DE GUILLERMO DEL TORO

Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2686BD) - Quantity: 1$49.97

BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2682BD) - Quantity: 1$19.97

VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2680BD) - Quantity: 1$19.97

NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH

Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2671BD) - Quantity: 1$19.97

THE RULES OF THE GAME

Criterion Blu-Ray (CC2075BD) - Quantity: 1$19.97
Subtotal: $149.82

Standard shipping: $0.00

Total:$149.82:dance::rock::drum::banana:

ChromeJob

Second Unit
Real Name
David S.
Ah, NIGHT TRAIN TO MUNICH is a fun film, I saw it on Hulu.

Does anyone know, as their site isn't clear ... is Criterion abandoning Hulu for Filmstruck, or are they adding the new TCM-launched site? OOPs, nevermind. The intro video on the site claims it will be the exclusive streaming source for The Criterion Collection. Adios, Hulu.

https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/4252-filmstruck-launches-october-19

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Race Bannon

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I got McCabe and Mrs. Miller, Blood Simple, and the Del Toro Trilogy. I would have gotten Short Cuts but it is out of stock.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BN sale starts 11/1 which should make $20 or less not too hard. Didn;t you add a BN membership last sale or am I confused about who mentioned that?

Yes that was me. I am putting the B&N sale on my calendar for 11/1.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes that was me. I am putting the B&N sale on my calendar for 11/1.

It appears there are 15% online and store coupons which should be available on day 1 so $17 with FS for members or $15.30 in store.
I'm not sure of any general 20% discounts yet though several people have now reported receiving some USPS coupons over the last few days so there should be some online 20% pretty quickly so that would drop the online price to 16

This all is ASSUMING those coupons won't be blocked like during the 2nd half of the July sale which was the first time in a couple years they blocked online coupons and the first time ever they blocked store use..

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll just piggyback onto the last sales thread again unless someone would prefer a new thread and pre-apologize if this turns out a false alarm

www.criterion.com

50% off MSRP in stock DVD/Bluray
24 hour Flash Sale seems confirmed by Claire from Criterion Office to start at Noon ET Tuesday 2/28/2017
Promo Code LOVE (case sensitive) Clock shows 25hrs so maybe until 1pm ET tomorrow

General rules:
Free Shipping for US for $50+. I think shipping is to US/Canada only.

In stock items only so no preorders. Items that go OOS during the sale can't be backordered but the last couple sales did come back into stock at least once as they released/found/borrowed extra copies

Normally 24 hours though there is often a soft landing and is extended a few minutes to a few hours esp if the server gets hammered too badly.

Free $50 GC is normally sent as soon as you meet the $500 cumulative purchase total. Last time I made an order that put me over the top and
the GC was in my box almost as soon of the order confirmation. Second order was placed a few minutes later

Last edited:

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Thanks. I had the ones I wanted sitting in my cart, waiting to go. Between this and the Target sale a couple weeks ago, I am set until the B&N sale in July.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Please list what you buy. I have everything I want. So, I am looking for suggestions based on your purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks