What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Eerik Paal said:
Why are you buying Das Testament on DVD and not on Blu-ray? MoC released it a year ago.
Oops, somehow overlooked that. Thank you. Looks like definitely MoC is the way to go for those two...for the time being at least

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I think when people get an idea of what's gone into reconstructing this longer cut, they will be impressed/amazed/excited and more. It's one of the most exciting reconstructions I can remember, and I can't WAIT to see the finished product.

Mark VH

Second Unit
I'd bet dollars to donuts that Red River hits in February. Criterion seems to trot out an established (or unsung) Hollywood classic every year at that time. 2010: Make Way For Tomorrow. 2011: Sweet Smell of Success. 2012: Anatomy of a Murder. 2013: On the Waterfront.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
Except for the bloated parade of washed-up comedians, all the January titles are must-buys for me. Time to save my pennies.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Only Throne of Blood and Rififi are must haves for me. But I will get the bloated parade of washed up comedians come the first available 50% off sale. Certainly not one of my favorite movies (or even loved), but I am anxious to see the reconstruction.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The January titles are pretty strong, and I'll end up picking up most of them. Despite IAMMMMW not really being a big favorite of mine, the effort that went into the reconstruction and the wealth of extras has me eager to own it.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Jari K said:
How about the original Blu-ray of Mad x 4 World. Will it go OOP?
Various Universal Blus (Traffic, Brazil, & Dazed and Confused) have stayed in-print after Criterion released their special editions, so I'd expect MGM to keep their IAMMMMW Blu in-print.

IF Criterion is releasing THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY, I hope it'll get a release similar to IAMMMMW.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Derrick King said:
IF Criterion is releasing THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY, I hope it'll get a release similar to IAMMMMW.
Me too, except I hope it's called "The Dollars Trilogy", all the films on the current blurays look bad. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh, and someone tell the owners that since I was the first to guess Mad Mad Mad World based on the clue, I get a free copy sent to me. :P

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
JoHud said:
The January titles are pretty strong, and I'll end up picking up most of them. Despite IAMMMMW not really being a big favorite of mine, the effort that went into the reconstruction and the wealth of extras has me eager to own it.
Wait a second! They are going to release other titles in January?

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I'll be picking up MAD MAD WORLD in a heartbeat. It will be a nice alternative to the already pleasing BD that precedes it. This release gives me a distant hope that the folks at Criterion will soon (hopefully) get around to SPARTACUS, which is in such dire need of a new release. The hideous BD Universal tossed out there like so much garbage from an ancient outdated master is an embarrassment, an unwatchable mess that insults this film which is loved by many, including myself. The film was beautifully restored some years ago and had a theatrical run, as well. So, there was no excuse whatsoever for the low quality, make a quick cheap buck abortion Universal dumped on us. So, how about it Criterion? We're begging you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks