What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (3 Viewers)

Derrick King

Screenwriter
According to MMM Criterion has discontinued their BREATHLESS Blu-ray and DVD. It is still available from Criterion's website/Hulu Plus channel/iTunes channel, so I don't know if they've lost the rights or if these have been discontinued to make way for a dual-format release. If you are interested in the film/Blu-ray and want to be on the safe side it is pretty cheap at amazon.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Derrick King said:
According to MMM Criterion has discontinued their BREATHLESS Blu-ray and DVD. It is still available from Criterion's website/Hulu Plus channel/iTunes channel, so I don't know if they've lost the rights or if these have been discontinued to make way for a dual-format release. If you are interested in the film/Blu-ray and want to be on the safe side it is pretty cheap at amazon.
Its not owned by Canal as far as I know.

Derrick King

Screenwriter
The Blu-ray was licensed from Pretty Pictures, but there is no mention of it on their website.

I've emailed Criterion, and I'm sure many other people have as well, to ask them what is up with BREATHLESS and people are asking them on facebook, so I hope that we'll have confirmation on what exactly is happening tomorrow.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Masters Of Cinema series has Red River coming out on the 28th October, one of my favourite westerns, i am wondering if Criterion has it on their schedule, i don't like buying titles multiple times and Criterion tends to have better extra content, so maybe i should wait, it's hard to resist this film though, does anyone have inside info on whether this one will be on the Criterion label soon, if not i'll just buy the UK edition next month.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Reports are that Criterion has licensed it, it's just not been announced yet. Depends how bad you want it I guess, if you can last until it's announced then you'll at least have the knowledge of which version you prefer and then can go ahead and get the MoC or wait 3 months for the CC to be actually released.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Moe Dickstein said:
Reports are that Criterion has licensed it, it's just not been announced yet. Depends how bad you want it I guess, if you can last until it's announced then you'll at least have the knowledge of which version you prefer and then can go ahead and get the MoC or wait 3 months for the CC to be actually released.
I think i'll wait until at least Xmas then and see what announcements surface.

I thought the MOC version of M was a little too brightened up compared to the Criterion too although the German Universum one got everything right compared to both the Criterion and Eureka ( MOC ) releases, i guess it will be worth waiting and comparing the different editions of Red River.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
wackybird.jpg

The Fisher King.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
TonyD said:
Hawk-King
Stephen the Hawk-King, in fact; a really cosmic guy who hangs around with Errol Morris.
(Along with the rest of Errol's boxset.)

So, the guesses are about 50-50.
But I'm guessing it's the nagging fanboy Terry-zombies that think a Hawk is a Fisher. :rolleyes:

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Richard--W said:
Why wait?
I'll probably pick it up if Criterion takes too long to release it.

What I'm not going to be waiting for anymore is Dr Mabuse, both 1922 and 1933 features. I figured Criterion might be working on a definitive set of all features, but now that MoC has a blu-ray coming of the 1922 feature, I'll be picking up that and the Criterion DVD of the 1933 feature in November.

Eerik Paal

Grip
JoHud said:
I'll probably pick it up if Criterion takes too long to release it.

What I'm not going to be waiting for anymore is Dr Mabuse, both 1922 and 1933 features. I figured Criterion might be working on a definitive set of all features, but now that MoC has a blu-ray coming of the 1922 feature, I'll be picking up that and the Criterion DVD of the 1933 feature in November.
Why are you buying Das Testament on DVD and not on Blu-ray? MoC released it a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks