What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

MartinL

Auditioning
Real Name
Martin Lauren
If I buy "Bottle Rocket" on Amazon today, will I get the paper case version or the new plastic case?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by MartinL
If I buy "Bottle Rocket" on Amazon today, will I get the paper case version or the new plastic case?

I think the only way you're going to get an accurate answer to your question is by talking to someone who has purchased the same title recently from Amazon. Otherwise it's just a guess.

The real question is why are you thinking about buying it from Amazon ($29.99) at all when we're in the middle of Barnes & Noble's 50% Off Criterion sale?? Buy it from B&N and save yoursefl $10. If you have a B&N store near you, you can save the $10 and make sure you get the case you want.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Criterion has just announced their November slate, and it looks fantastic!

New Blu-ray and DVD edition: Jean Renoir's Rules Of The Game (actually "pre-announced" last week)

Blu-ray upgrade: Ingmar Bergman's Fanny & Alexander (the complete box set)

New to Criterion: Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy (Blue, White, Red) box set and Sidney Lumet's Twelve Angry Men!

If Barnes & Noble holds to form November will also see the next installment of their semi-annual 50% off Criterion sale. Which is good timing, because I want all of these!

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
oscar_merkx said:
I would have never thought that 12 Angry Men would be from Criterion
Me either, but wow am I excited about that and the three colors trilogy. I will definitely pick them up.

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Craig S said:
Criterion has just announced their November slate, and it looks fantastic!

New Blu-ray and DVD edition: Jean Renoir's Rules Of The Game (actually "pre-announced" last week)

Blu-ray upgrade: Ingmar Bergman's Fanny & Alexander (the complete box set)

New to Criterion: Krzysztof Kieślowski's Three Colors trilogy (Blue, White, Red) box set and Sidney Lumet's Twelve Angry Men!

If Barnes & Noble holds to form November will also see the next installment of their semi-annual 50% off Criterion sale. Which is good timing, because I want all of these!
Also a Blu-Ray upgrade for Rushmore

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by Martin Teller
Also a Blu-Ray upgrade for Rushmore

Thanks - missed that one! Makes the month even better! Hopefully Blu upgrades of The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic are coming in the future as well.

Yorkshire

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Twelve Angry Men and Rushmore?
Is it Christmas already? Well, I suppose with a November release these will be bought for a Christmas present (for myself).
Stever W

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
A Criterion Twelve angry men ????
The sweet life.
That is almost as big a shock as when
Henry Fonda stabs the table with the knife and the 11 others gasp

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I definitely did not see 12 Angry Men coming!! I would have been even more excited if the film had not just received a Special Edition 2 years ago. I know that the commentary absolutely stunk on that version, but I can't remember if any of the other extras are worth keeping or not. I hate keeping 2 versions of a film, but can't stand selling of special features almost as much. What to do??

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Who did that commentary and why does it stink? I just saw that 2-disc set in Costco for $6.99 or something ridiculous like that.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Ugh! I didn't even get around to picking up some 6-8 Criterions I was eyeing (on top of the 8 I did pick up) in the last B&N sale, so now, there are a ton more Criterions to tempt me for the next B&N sale...

Need to accumulate a ton more rewards points for GCs to help pay for them come November or so...

Also, sure hope Discover will keep their online cashback bonus at 15% (or better) for B&N when that next sale comes around...

_Man_

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
Anyone here seen the 12 angry men 1997 remake ?
I haven't yet,but it sure looks like a terrific cast all-around.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118528/

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I'm sure it doesn't hold a candle to it.For anyone's resume,that's a damn good start.
Sidney Lumet had lens schemes so the audience could sense the walls and ceiling bearing down on the characters as the film progresses.
Is this one a literally a shot-by-shot like Van sant 's Psycho ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks