What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (2 Viewers)

Derrick King

Screenwriter
If that is the case, then great (and Criterion where is the ARMY OF SHADOWS Blu-Ray.) In any event I was just trying to give people a heads up on some titles that may be going OOP in the near future so they can make their wish list for the upcoming B&N 50% off Criterion DVD/Blu-Ray sale .

ccfixx

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
September blu-ray titles...

- Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence
- Charade
- Breathless
- The Thin Red Line

CC

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Very awesome indeed! I'm a little disappointed that Videodrome follows after stuff like Charade which I honestly never liked very much. But I'm keen to see Mr. Lawrence on Blu-ray for my first viewing and The Thin Red Line release is a dream come true!

That said, I would trade all of the movies in their upcoming boxed set for a Blu-ray release of Dennis Hopper's The Last Movie. I hope Criterion hasn't decided to write off this movie before the rest of us have had the chance to see it restored!

Derrick King

Screenwriter
53c76d75_wackybunny.jpg

From Criterion's latest newsletter

Derrick King

Screenwriter
Yes it is Night of the Hunter or a collection of Sid the Rabbit's Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson appearances.

The great news about this (well, beyond Night getting a Blu-ray from Criterion) is that Criterion can do Blu-Rays for the titles they licensed from MGM .

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Originally Posted by Derrick King
Yes it is Night of the Hunter or a collection of Sid the Rabbit's Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson appearances.
Maybe it's Night of the Lepus.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'd buy a collection of Sid's appearances on The Late Late Show. That rabbit is frickin' awesome. Sid would use a different term, but I'll refrain from such coarse language. /img/vbsmilies/htf/smile.gif

Back on topic, this will be a great addition to the Criterion catalog; and as Derrick said - Hopefully an indicator that more MGM titles will get the Criterion treatment on Blu-Ray.

- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has Criterion abandoned the "same price" model when it releases DVD and Blu-ray editions of the same title?

I am anxious to pre-order Black Narcissus on Blu and have found the following prices in place at amazon & Best Buy as I research next week's Weekly RoundUp:

Title

Amazon

Best Buy

Black Narcissus DVD

$27.49

$24.99

Black Narcissus Blu-ray

$34.49

$34.99

It seems to me as if the "same price" model is a hit-or-miss affair. And that sometimes the Blu versions can actually be found cheaper than the DVD versions at the same retailer/e-tailer. Not on Black Narcissus, of course! /img/vbsmilies/htf/mad.gif /img/vbsmilies/htf/biggrin.gif

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The MSRP for both, the SD DVD and BRD are the same from Criterion. However, the final sale price to the consumer is up to the individual retailer and not necessarily Criterion. Directly, Criterion's customers are the retailers not the final consumer that purchases the software from the individual retailer.

Crawdaddy

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
Hi Mike,

I am MORE than sure that you are aware (you do a wonderful job every week - much appreciated!) but for those who are not, Barnes And Noble are currently doing a 50% off all Criterion including the Pre Orders for Black Narcissus and The Red Shoes which come out next week. You save more if you are a member but for approx $40.00 you can have both of these wonderful movies !

The sale goes on till around 08/02 - I have ordered the above two plus bought a few others yesterday :)

Regards,

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by SAhmed
Hi Mike,

I am MORE than sure that you are aware (you do a wonderful job every week - much appreciated!) but for those who are not, Barnes And Noble are currently doing a 50% off all Criterion including the Pre Orders for Black Narcissus and The Red Shoes which come out next week. You save more if you are a member but for approx $40.00 you can have both of these wonderful movies !

The sale goes on till around 08/02 - I have ordered the above two plus bought a few others yesterday :)

Regards,
Yup, I bought each title for 17.99 plus tax and you can probably get it a little cheaper using some other coupon or site options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks