What's new

Criterion Blu-ray titles! (1 Viewer)

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
It's too bad that they don't separate announcements for new titles vs existing titles that will be released on 4K.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I WILL NOT buy The Seventh Seal on 4k. Uh uh. Won't do it.

I said early on I wouldn't upgrade my Blu titles to UHD. And yet I have on dozens of titles.

But I can't imagine TSS could be improved upon enough to warrant the upgrade.

But it IS one of my favorite films. And, I'll be sure to read the reviews of the 4k/UHD. And then there'll be the next flash sale or B&N sale.

Damn it!

Did you actually get the big Ingmar Bergman collection boxset from a few years ago? That actually already comes w/ a new 4K-sourced remaster that should be a decent upgrade over the old/original Criterion BD -- that certainly should be plenty enough for me anyway.

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I said early on I wouldn't upgrade my Blu titles to UHD. And yet I have on dozens of titles.

But it IS one of my favorite films. And, I'll be sure to read the reviews of the 4k/UHD. And then there'll be the next flash sale or B&N sale.

Damn it!

I just realized I’m still on my DVD copy - not even the remastered one but the original edition - I think it was one of the first DVDs I bought. If you buy the 4K and want to sell your BD let me know.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I just realized I’m still on my DVD copy - not even the remastered one but the original edition - I think it was one of the first DVDs I bought. If you buy the 4K and want to sell your BD let me know.

Let's see...I have...

Criterion LD #10 [CAV]
Criterion LD #10A [CLV]
Criterion DVD [first, 1999 release]
Criterion BD [first, 2009 release]
Criterion BD [in Ingmar Bergman's Cinema]
BFI UHD

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris

Damn it!
I couldn’t even wait. The BFI 4K was so highly regarded I bought that when it came out. I’m hoping Criterion won’t add any new extras.

We need twelve step meetings.

plektret

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
Did you actually get the big Ingmar Bergman collection boxset from a few years ago? That actually already comes w/ a new 4K-sourced remaster that should be a decent upgrade over the old/original Criterion BD -- that certainly should be plenty enough for me anyway.

_Man_
The Bluray from the CC box comes from a DNRd master. The CC UHD should be DNR-free, just like the BFI UHD.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We need twelve step meetings.

Hi. My name is Mike.

announcing GIF by South Park

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Criterion.com with a small Valentine's Sale -- 50 titles 30% off through Feb 16.
I guess that just about eliminated Feb 14 as the Flash Sale for this year

4th Tues (2/28 this year) is always the best guess since over half the sales happened then

3/7 with Mildred Pierce 4K seems the next best option

If they send of the $10 Promo Codes I think that may be the best clue given the last several sales

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Criterion hit five for five this month. A really diverse and entertaining mix. I like that they are releasing more 4K UHDs too. Now Ridley Scott is neck and neck with Steven Spielberg for most films by a single director on 4K UHD!

Doom

Agent
Real Name
Nori
Branded to Kill UHD was my favorite announcement that month.

I hope we get more Japanese UHD's like that. Maybe some Imamura or Kurosawa next?

They're releasing a bunch of Kurosawa in Japan on UHD, maybe Criterion can finally give us that Kurosawa collection so many of us dream of.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
First reports filtering out about $10 Gift Codes being sent to the Streamer Channel Subs. In the last several sales, this has been an excellent sign that the Flash Sale is coming soon -- most likely next Tuesday March 21. It's the latest the Q1 sale has ever been, but it separates from the usual October Flash and Nov B&N instead on grouping the various sales so close together. All just expectations, but it has been a good sign and with Inland Empire release date next Tuesday that also lines up with past precedent

Once the date and sale are confirmed to be the usual 50% and 24 hr I can start a dedicated thread in the Deals section with the usual list of items released since last sale.

Possible conflicts if you're on a tight budget -- Powerhouse March Sale expected to start sometime soon and Warner Archives Sale has usually come around March 23 since that was the day the official WAC started in 2009 (?)

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
First reports filtering out about $10 Gift Codes being sent to the Streamer Channel Subs. In the last several sales, this has been an excellent sign that the Flash Sale is coming soon -- most likely next Tuesday March 21. It's the latest the Q1 sale has ever been, but it separates from the usual October Flash and Nov B&N instead on grouping the various sales so close together. All just expectations, but it has been a good sign and with Inland Empire 4K release date next Tuesday that also lines up with past precedent

Once the date and sale are confirmed to be the usual 50% and 24 hr I can start a dedicated thread in the Deals section with the usual list of items released since last sale.

Possible conflicts if you're on a tight budget -- Powerhouse March Sale expected to start sometime soon and Warner Archives Sale has usually come around March 23 since that was the day the official WAC started in 2009 (?)
I received my corrected Gift Code.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks